《Screαm & Shout》《❷》

11:41 PM

 [Name] was surprised to see that she was the only wallflower. It was like everyone else was spellbound, bodies moving languidly as the red-haired DJ shuffled tracks.

[Name] looked around for a place to lay her jacket on as a thundering techno beat boomed from the four way loudspeaker beside her. A can of beer rolled off of it and fell to the floor, causing [Name] to gasp and jump back in fear that her expensive clothes will be ruined. An uncharacteristic scowl pulled her lips in a downward curve, and she nudged the empty can away with the tip of her shoe.

She felt so out of place, like she was an endangered specimen brought to live with its inferior, untamed agnates. At this hour, she’d normally be home surfing the internet or doing her homework. This change in routine was needed, she decided, despite the indissoluble ringing in her ears. [Name] dawdled away from the loudspeaker, still unsure if she should join the dance floor or not. Taking her valuables and then leaving her jacket atop the trembling device, the young woman made her way through, paddling gingerly across the dance floor towards the luxurious bar at the centre.  

The black marble counter was packed with cans of Red Bull and a wide diversity of glasses. [Name] leaned over the counter so the bartender, who had his back turned to her, would hear, “Excuse me!” she yelled. The tall man swiveled his head to see who had addressed him. With catlike velocity, he turned to look at her, a smirk slanting his lips. [Name] took in his features ― the tanned skin and the mole under his left eye and decided that he was quite attractive. The male, who wore no tag on the front of his shirt, swept his hair back with one artistic flick of his hand.

He pulled the unlit cigarette from his lips and replied, “What can I serve you?”