《Screαm & Shout》《❸》

11:46 PM

The bartender’s voice didn’t lessen in richness when he raised his voice and repeated the question. [Name]’s been so absorbed in his good looks that she was quickly deemed unresponsive. The smirk that was continually pushing the corner of his lips in an unsymmetrical arc caused [Name] to look down in shame. Never has she met a man this intimidating. He exuded confidence and instilled its opposite.

“Umm…” red in the face, [Name] opened her wallet’s folds and fished out two bills. “What do you sell here that’s not… you know…” [Name]’s stuttering melted away as the song playing blasted with speeded vocals.

“What?”

“What―”, [Name] raised her voice and leaned closer. The curly-haired bartender did the same, “What do you have here that’s safe to drink?”. Amusement soon started dancing in the bartender’s amber eyes, “Safe to drink?” he repeated, “What about a weak cocktail?” “Sounds good!”

“Right away.” [Name] watched as the bartender maneuvered the two bottles with incredible dexterity, first summoning a clean glass and then beginning to shuffle them around his hands like they were a part of his body. He pretended that he dropped one just to hear [Name] gasp and surrounded her with his hearty laughter while a pair of skillful hands continued their game. He juggled with the metal shaker and set it in place. The bartender then poured the bottles’ contents into the shaker and winked at [Name], a smirk ever-present on his handsome face. Before long, he was done mixing.

“Here you are,” he said with an air of finality as his tricks’ result cascaded confidently in the glass prepared. [Name] looked at the puce colored liquid as the bartender rimmed the glass and added a slice of lemon for effect. “That’d be ***. Cash or tab, sweetheart?”

[Name] handed him the money tacitly and picked up the glass. She didn’t know the name of the cocktail, but it didn’t matter. The tanned man scooped the money up, “It’s pretty weak in alcohol, so don’t be afraid to come back for more.” he told her, “The night has just started.”