《Screαm & Shout》《❹》

11:50 PM

No sooner had the bartender said that than the bar got too crowded for [Name]’s liking. As he leaned over to address two younger females, [Name] mend her way to the margin of the dance floor, mumbling the same excuse over and over as she made her way through. For a moment, she figured she was being pathetic. Then she was at it again, intoning apologizes while she held the glass to her chest so as not to spill its precious content.

The bodies that arched around her were warm and somewhat inelastic at the same time. [Name] could feel the brush of naked, feminine arms on her shoulders as strong feet clamped over hers. Clubs weren’t what she imagined―; and what she imagined could be labeled as stereotyping: an utter topsyturviness, a mass of sweating dancers pulling different ways like they do in music videos. This, [Name] figured, was a delusion as equally exaggerated. This idea was mulled over and studied until [Name] forgot where she was headed, allowing naked elbows to jerk and hit her randomly with too few excuses to compensate.

Five slender fingers curled too tightly around her arm and jerked her a little bit. [Name] turned to see one of her friends, David, accompanied by his twin brother like on any other occasion. It made her wonder what kind of paternal twinship resulted in these two.

“[Name]”, said the black-haired twin, kind of peeved as he closed the distance between them, “I’m fucking tired of yelling.” he complained in her ear, “Can you climb in the DJs booth?”

[Name] blinked in bemusement, allowing David to continue, “…I met a hot chick and wanted to request a song …and I can’t find the fucking DJ.” The other twin wiped his hand up in a silent indication that his brother shut his eyes to, “Help usss, [Name]~”

“Sorry guys,” an unglued [Name] replied as a smile married her features, “I need to go…” and she turned away, only to find herself locked in place by David’s cinch.

“Hurry.” was all he said before letting her go, and [Name] could swear his breath was redolent of sweet alcohol.

…and to think the night has just started.