Revenge is my motivational speaker

I watched as one drop of sweat hit the mat , my face getting itchy from the three others sliding off my face.

Conrad was still upset so I went with the only form of torture I knew.

Hanging me upside down by my feet with rope.

Of course Conrad didn't agree with this , but he didn't object either. So here I was hanging above a mat sweating my ass off because , I wanted to be a good friend.

Conrad and I have been friends since birth our mothers and fathers were best friends. They were all the top killers out of the whole village , gaining respect even from foreign hunters. Then after everything happened we became closer , swearing to each other that no matter what we would always be there for each other.

Which always worked out for me since I wasn't the most popular around here. No one hates me but they didn't exactly like me either. I didn't work well with others they only got in the way , feelings I mean I can't finish a mission if I'm too busy worrying about you. So a long time I pledged to myself that I would keep my feelings wrapped in a tight little bottle inside of me.

Never to have any friends , never to love , never to care period. Conrad was an exception to all of this , but he would never know it. So what I was doing now was perfectly fine with me.

"Time!"

"Finally" I let out a breath of air before lifting the upper half of my body to untie myself. With one knot undone I lowered one leg back to the ground before untying the next knot.

"You're crazy you know that lark" I grabbed my water bottle from the wooden bench taking a swig "so I've been told". He shook his head at me sitting down across from my bag leaning back " I don't understand how you push yourself to do half the things you do Larkin" .

Wiping the sweat from my forehead with the back of my hand I replied "well revenge is a great motivational speaker Conrad Jones" he threw his head back in laughter before getting up "true" he then threw a towel at my face walking out of the training room.

I walked over to a punching bag hanging in the corner of the room , punching it once before steadying it. I began punching it harder and quicker , memories flashing in and out of my mind with every blow the bag took. The pain I've endured the countless months of mourning I thought as i roundhouse kicked it , the cries of so many went into that last hit that sent the punching flying across the room sand spewing everywhere.

I shook out my hands as if trying to shake the memories and emotions. Before taking my stuff and leaving as well.

Walking past the butcher on my way back home Al yelled out "Aye Larkin where's the main dish for tonight!" I sighed shaking my head at him. I sucked my teeth looking around before landing back on him "hey hand me that knife" he tossed it in my direction as I waited to catch it in my hand.

I turned away from him looking into the woods "what are you doing" I silenced him listening more thoroughly. Suddenly I caught it , I threw the knife into the air listening for noise again. Then there was a roar sending the birds flocking out of the trees "there's your main dish keep going north east for ten miles and you'll see it" I said as I turned to face him again.

He stared at me with a knowing smirk "thanks Larkin you know I love you right" I blew air out my mouth disbelievingly "yeah right okay see you later Al" I waved him goodbye before continuing on home.

I walked into my home walking straight to my closet. I picked out a simple outfit jeans, shirt , and combat boots. Taking my time about getting ready I walked into my bathroom scrubbing my face of a day's sweat before putting my hair into a high ponytail. I entered my bedroom getting on my knees opening a hiding place for my weapons in the floor.