four

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⌊✂⌉

"MS! THANK YOU SO MUCH!" the boy cried out, [y/n] watched tears spill from the boy's eyes. steady waterfalls of tears running down his cheeks as they began to rose red. [y/n] let out a quiet chuckle, lifting a hand to pat the red-heads hair. "it's no problem, but can you let go of me?" she questioned, glancing at the awkward position she was forced into. the red-head merely observed the position before his face turned beet red, he scrambled off her and immediately bowed. "s-sorry!" he stuttered, hair hanging in front of his face to avoid looking at her.

"it's no problem kid, i'm glad you're doing better than the last time i saw you," she answered, thinking back to the scene with blood smothering the boy's face. she could tell that it was intense, with multiple broken bones to assume, and many months of rehabilitation to fix all injuries.

"t-thank you! i'm glad you're free of all injuries as well!" he shouted, [y/n] internally flinched, god his voice was loud. she waved it off, turning to face the other patients laid on the bed. "yes, and i hope your friends recover soon enough to return to their normal state."

"also kid, what's your name?" she asked, realizing she'd never gotten to know them since the incident at the train wreckage. his head perked up, quickly lifting his head in a split second, "my name is kamado tanjiro!" [y/n] hummed in response, scanning the boy's figure to remember his figure in her mind. tanjiro could feel the eyes roam around his figure, and his face continued to burn. "what- what about your name ms?" he hesitantly asked, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"my names [l/n] [y/n] kid." she snickered, rising to a stand as she began to turn around. "make sure to get some more rest kiddo, i'll see you soon." she waved, laughing at the calls of thanks. [y/n] sighed, a small smile dusting her features as she exited the med room.

a knock sounded next to her, she side-stepped forward flipping out a knife in a quick motion from her waist. a tense atmosphere shrouded the room before she lowered the knife. "god keigo, stop sneaking up on people like that." he merely shrugged, a sloppy smirk painted onto his face. "not my fault your stupid coconut head can't recognize me."

she smacked his head, keigo tumbled down to the floor as he clutched his head in pain. "ow- ow- ow-!" he mumbled repeatedly, rubbing the spot where he was hit. "yeah, and not my fault for you being so weak."

"hey! you caught me off-guard!" he shouted in return, [y/n] spun around flipping a middle finger, "yeah! and you caught me off-guard too!" she retorted back, turning to walk away. "yeah but i didn't actually hit you! i just knocked on some wood!" he whined, standing up.

"i did that because if i didn't it wouldn't get through that thick skull of yours," she argued, walking away into the hallway. keigo trailed after the hero, stumbling behind, "that's so mean! i would've got the message just fine." he muttered, not bothering to voice it louder. [y/n] slowly came to a stop, spinning around to face him. "sure you would," she drawled out, she lifted a finger to her ear, "if i told you, 'don't do that you caught me off guard first," she moved her finger toward her opposite ear, "it would've gone one ear out the other." she finished, her face formed into a mock look of surprise, mouth gaping open as she exaggerated her actions.