prologue

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

⌊✂⌉

THE LARGE BUILDING WAS DARK, the dome-shaped ceiling making it seem more spacious. an announcer's voice rang through it, today's event everyone's main focus. the once tension-filled air of the city was replaced with excitement, everyone eager to learn of japan's new top heroes. "it's the first billboard chart since the kamino incident!!" the enthusiastic shouting boomed through the room, easily reaching everyone's ears.

"and everyone everywhere understands how major this is!" she shouted, nudging her head to the stage. the camera panned over to a brightly lit platform that showed tiny figures. "never before have hero's taken the stage in person at this presentation!" the reporter continued, staring back at the camera's lens. "the times, however, are a-changing! stay tuned!!"

her head quickly whipped back around to the stage, the camera following. "number ten! she used to be ninth, but fell a spot! dragon hero, ryukyu!!" she frowned slightly as the reporter mentioned ryuku's new spot- but her attention redirected at the reporter as she spoke again. "number nine! another one who fell! that's unprecedented for him!!- equipped hero, yoroi musha!!" she hummed in acknowledgment, her gaze flickering to the next hero.

"number eight! you know him from those 'clean n shiny' commercials...- laundry hero, wash!!" a light laugh emitted from her at the sight of the bubbles coming from him as he repeatedly screamed. 'washawashawashawasha'.

[e/c] eyes switched to the next hero in line, admiring the new costume before the reporter spoke. "number seven! it's a great leap forward for this up-and-comer!! kamui woods!!" she internally 'awed' at the flowers that hung at his waist- ignoring the whines that came from mt. lady. she was quickly snapped back into reality as the reporter spoke again.

"number six! a popular hero who's rising quickly in the ranks along with her best friend, ichor aranea!" said girl looked up, before smiling cheerfully and waving at the crowd that sat in front of the stage. there was a flurry of screams and cheers, but they silenced themselves as the reporter continued the introduction.

"number five! this unyielding bunny was bumped up in the rankings! the rabbit hero, mirko!!" she watched as mirko said something about weaklings and teams, and happily waved once she glanced in her direction. the rabbit hero repeated the action, before looking back into the crowd and grinning confidently.

the reporter cleared her throat, speaking again. "number four! the mysterious shinobi whose incident resolution rate and support are skyrocketing... ninja hero, edgeshot!" she snickered as edgeshot mumbled something about being too noisy, but perked up at the mention of the next hero.

"it seems any hero involved with what happened in kamino has seen his or her fortunes rise!" she hummed, bouncing on her feet as she waited for the reporter to finish. though- honestly, the hero billboard charts were always very boring.