Up to Piltover: Part 1

Dark themes include: implied prostitution.. 

---                                                                                         ---                                                                                         ---

"(y/n)! Where are you? These rooms aren't going to clean themselves, the next guest will be here soon!"

You sighed. You put away your packet of cigarettes before you could even take one out to light. You slowly walked away from the back alley near the brothel you were working at. You entered the brothel through the back door and made your way to the boss's room. Once in, you saw the yordle by her desk tapping her feet whilst smoking.

"I'm here - where do you want me?" You spoke, whilst tying your hair.

"You can't keep disappearing like that (y/n) - I know this isn't what you're used to or want to do but we have to do what we can to make a living here." Spoke the yordle.

You knew what she meant. It had only been a couple of months since you had been in Zaun, the undercity of Piltover. Desperate for a job you went around every bar, every shop only to be rejected from all. You were too 'frail-looking', you were too young, you were a girl, you heard all sorts of things. Frankly, they were right. You were weak, and there was no way for you to protect yourself from the things down in Zaun.

.

.

.

You remembered how hopeless you felt after being rejected countless times, you remembered standing outside staring up at the sky thinking how much you wanted to be up there, with the 'normal' people, up in Piltover. Seconds, minutes, hours had passed.

"Young lady, what are you doing down here, you don't look like you belong here." A voice chimed. You looked to your right. Nothing. To your left. Nothing.

"Down here"

You looked down, and saw a mature female yordle looking up at you. You smiled down, hiding your hopelessness. "I don't belong here" you spoke, "I want to be up there" you whispered, pointing upwards.

"An ambitious dream that is." The yordle chuckled.

"I saw you in several bars and shops, I heard you're looking for a job?" Your ears piqued.

You turned around and kneeled down to the height of the yordle. "Yes. Urgently, can you help me?"

"The job ain't pretty, but it's a job, how old are you girl?" spoke the yordle.

"I am nineteen, turning twenty in a couple months." You replied, feeling hopeful.

"Hmm.. you're not quite ready." The yordle looked up at you, "We take care of our clients in a special way here, as much as we can do. However, all our workers must be at least twenty. However, I sympathize with you. Come work for me, you'll be a cleaner for now, but once you turn twenty, I'll be giving you a new job. How does that sound?" The yordle reached out her hand.

Not quite understanding the job, or the business, you accepted and shook her hand. "Thank you so much, you have no idea how much you have saved me."

"Come with me, I assume you also don't have anywhere to stay."

---