Chapter 3

1st April 2021

The limited over series against England was over now. India won both the the t20 and ODI series and all players were staring to leave for their respective team's bio bubble to play IPL 2021. Virat reached in the RCB camp and after 5 days of quarantine, he started practice. He was talking with Ab, when

"Kyle Jamison from new zealand reporting, skipper."

He turned to find his new RCB teammate Kyle Jamieson was greeting him with a nervous smile. Virat smiled and shook his hand.

"Welcome to the team, mate. It's so good to see you again!"

Virat met this young kiwi all rounder back in 2020, when team india went to play against New Zealand. He made his debut against india in both test and odi series and performed unbelievably well. He was one of the main reasons behind india's whitewash in test series and more importantly he managed to out virat multiple times. Virat was so impressed by his all round performance that he convinced RCB's owners to buy him in the Auction. They agreed and Jamieson was brought by a whooping 15 crore.

"All good? Are you enjoying coming here or not?"

Virat smilingly asked

"Yeah, it's amazing, skip. Playing with the greats like you and Ab sir is the best thing i could ask for and everyone else are very friendly and helpful too. Thank you for giving me a chance like this."

Jamieson happily said.

Virat smiled and patted his shoulders.

"Glad to hear this, mate. Go and practice well. Oh and you don't need to be that formal. You can call me virat. We're teammates after all."

Jamieson nodded smilingly and left to practice with Navdeep and Harshal. Virat was keenly observing his bowling styles and Ab, knowing his biscuit's evil mind very well shook his head in disapproval.

"Biscuit, you know that this is not fare. You shouldn't manipulate that young player like this. What impression you'll make in front of hjm!"

Virat swiftly dismissed Abd's advice.

"What? I'm not doing anything wrong, biscuit. I'm just going to ask him to bowl me in the nets with the Duke bowl (which was going to use in Wtc fjnal). I'm sure he'll never ever refuse me. I'll have some practice before wtc, so i could have advantage against him. Why do you think i pressurized the owners to brought him? He's a key player of nz and having him in our team is beneficial for both the team and me too. So you sit back and watch."

Virat went to the nets. Ab sighed and shook his head. He knows that it'll not be that simple. Especially knowing the brilliant cricketing mind of national team captain of kyle Jamison.

Virat went straight to Jamieson, who was busy discussing with harshal, dan and navdeep. Virat cheerfully smiled and hugged Jamieson from behind.

"Jamie, my boy! How's your net session going? You're training so hard. I'm so proud of you. Let me know if you need something. Or do you need to rest for sometimes?"

Jamieson confusingly looked at virat and managed to smile, when harshal and navdeep almost throw the water they're drinking. They looked at each other.