Chapter 4

3rd June 2021
Mumbai

Virat was feeling both excited and nervous as Indian cricket team landed in the Southampton for the Wtc finals.

"Ro..... who the hell is this Conway guy! Before this match, we had no idea about him and now! He scored 200 on his debut and that too in Lords. Gosh even sachin paaji didn't scored a 50 there. What we're gonna do now? What if he score another 200 in the finals! We didn't played against him. How we're gonna know about his strength and weaknesses?"

For the 480th time that day, Virat decided to chew his best friend's mind and rohit wanted to slap himself for sitting next to this crazy person.

"Vi.... my sweet best friend, please spare me. I already explained you this and for the 481th and the final time. Don't stress this much. He scored 200 in one match doesn't mean he's scoring it every time. He didn't played against us and that's equally difficult for both us and him. I'm sure jassi or shami are gonna got him out early. SO STOP EATING MY HEAD AND LET ME SLEEP."

Rohit tried hard to maintain his calm tone. Although mahi bhai wasn't there to handle their fight, he made sure to not to let them do something stupid by making Jinks their personal adult baby sitter and being lectured by Jinks and mahi bhai and that for this idiot's fault is the last thing he wanted.

Virat grumbled a fine and went back to watching the match. After 15 minutes, they reached in the hotel. They all checked in and after finishing their covid test went to their respective rooms. Virat entered in the room and went straight to the balcony, from where he could see the whole Ageas bowl cricket ground. Indian cricket team was staying in a hotel which was inside of the stadium and this was a new experience for him. He silently looked at the view of the cricket ground, until he felt someone's presence.

"I know you're tensed, virat. But don't worry everything will be all right. Trust yourself and your team."

Virat smiled and hugged his biggest supporter, his wife.

"I believe my team, Nush! I believe their ability more than mine. But i don't trust my luck. You saw from last 8 years, we got nothing but heartbreaks. They tried so hard but at the end, it doesn't mattered. I want to win this nush! Not just for me also for my team. The way they performed in Australia and then against England, they deserves to be in the champion team. I'm ready to do anything for fulfilling my kiddo's dream to be champions."

Anushka smiled.

"I know vi! I know how badly you wants to win this. Don't worry. God won't do injustice to you guys. He knows how much hardwork you guys have done to reach here. Be positive."

Virat nodded in her shoulders. They broke their hug, as vamika got up from her nap and was staring at her parents. Virat smiled as he lifted his princess up, who was busy playing with her dad's face. Anushka chuckled.

"Looks like she's also assuring her over thinker dad that everything's going to be all right. Right princess?"

Virat rolled his eyes and stuck out his tongue to Anushka as they both got busy playing with their little bundle of happiness.

10th June 2021
Southampton

Virat was frustrated. Well 'frustrated' was not the ideal word to describe what he was feeling. He was fuming furiously and all of his rages were dedicated to a certain Williamson who was unaware of all cursings he was receiving unconsciously from a crazy bestie of his.