Chapter 11

From the last 1 hour, kane was sitting on his place and has been wondering the same question

"Should i go or should I not??"

It's been 12 hours since New Zealand had won the WTC trophy. Congratulations and wishes has been sowing from all over the world. After all formalities, celebrations and photoshoots kane called virat to know if he's ok or not. But from last 2 or 3 hours all calls were going unanswered. Kane had tried his phone for a hundred times and even send a few messages but all were in veins. So now kane was planning to go to the indian cricket team's hotel.

"You know you should stop overthinking and go to meet him if you want to, kane!!"

Sarah said, while sleeping Maggie on her shoulders.

"But... but what if they won't allow me to the hotel?? I mean for covid reasons of course!!!"

Kane lamely excused. The truth was he couldn't gather enough courage to face virat. Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Come on kane!! Stop your lame excuses and call any other team member of indian team to know if you could come there or not."

Kane sighed. He knew sarah was right. He couldn't forever ignore virat. He should call someone to know if he come there or not. But he didn't had any other member's number apart from virat. So kane decided to call his SRH team mate Manish Pandey. After one ring manish picked up the call.

"Kane bro!! Congratulations for becoming the world test Champions!! So happy for you!!"

Manish congratulated kane and kane knew that manish truly meant all those words. So he awkwardly said

"Yeah..... thank you manish. But now i need a favor from you."

"Oh what is it??"

Manish confusingly asked.

Kane swallowed.

"Um... actually i need your vice captain's number. So could you send me please??"

"Huh... Why do you need Rohit's number suddenly, kane??"

Manish asked casually.

"No not rohit....

Kane hurriedly said. Although rohit was the perfect person to know about virat's whereabouts but he knew it'll be intelligent if he will call virat's other bestie Ajinkya Rahane, judging Rohit's overpossesive and overprotectiveness for virat.

"I mean not rohit, it's your test vice captain Rahane's number i want!!"

"Oh but why you suddenly want jinks's number now?"

"Uhh...umm..."

Kane was thinking about a sudden excuse, when he heard manish laughing from the other side.

"Let me guess, virat isn't picking up your call and you want to check about him. Am i right??"

Kane's eyes went wide.

"How...how do you know??"

Manish chuckled slightly.

"I've known him from the U19 days, kane. As much as you know or maybe better than you. He hate to lose and whenever he did, he'll isolate himself from the rest of the world. I know that you won't rest until you'll find if he's ok or not. I'm sending Jinks number. Call him and ask."

Kane smiled.

"Thank you, manish."

When manish send him number, kane immediately dialed it. After 2 rings, jinks picked the call.

"Hello.... who's this?"

Kane hesitatingly said

"Umm... hey Ajinkya.... kane Williamson here!!!"

After a pause

"Hey kane.. sorry i didn't have your number!! What's up??"

"Umm... sorry to disturb you but can i ask you for a favor??"

"Yeahh... sure what is it?"

Jinks asked calmly. Kane inhaled deeply and said

"Uhh... it's just, I'm calling virat from past 2 hours but he isn't picking up. So i was planning to come to your hotel. So could you please call your management and ask if it'll be ok for me to come??"

After some time, jinks responded

"Ohh.... all right!! I'll call our management and will message you their respond!! Ok??"

"Sure, thank you for help, Ajinkya."

Kane happily said. Jinks nodded in response and cut the call.

After 5 or 6 minutes, kane got a message from Jinks

"I've called our manager and he said it won't be a problem since you're coming from a bio bubble. Besides our team will leave hotel tomorrow. So you can come here.

Ps: Thank you for concerning this much for Virat!! He's lucky for having you as his friend.🙂"

Kane smiled and shouted

"Sarah, I'm going to indian team's hotel. I'll be back soon."

When he spotted Sarah coming with maggie in her baby carrybag and a huge gift in her hands.

"Where are you going now?"

Kane confusingly asked. Sarah rolled her eyes.

"I don't want to take the risk of leaving you alone. So me and Maggie are going with you too."

"Okk...but what about this gift??"

Kane asked, earning a glare from Sarah.

"Seriously kane!! It's for Vamika of course. We'll meet her for first time so how could we go empty handed?"

Kane smiled and wrapped his hand around sarah as they went towards the indian team's hotel.