|2|

"Negotiations Ain't Easy"

~~~

Dio and Y/n started walking back together to find a place where they could talk. Although, it was more like Y/n convincing Dio and winning his trust. They walked in silence, neither of them wanting to initiate a conversation. You rubbed your hands together to warm them up due to the early morning cold weather, Dio side-glancing at you.

To say he was still wary of you would be an understatement. Furthermore, your stupid smile... Why were you smiling so much? What were you so happy about?
That was another reason he didn't like you.

He shifted his gaze from you to the front before he felt an impatient tug on his arm. As he looked down at your figure with an annoyed glare, he saw you pointing in a certain direction, eyes filled with delight. Dio followed your line of vision before it landed at a tavern. You muttered small chants of 'walk faster!' under your breath, at which Dio rolled his eyes.

The two of you entered the tavern, the blond following close behind you. The only people who were present were the bartender and a waiter. Coming to a non-verbal agreement, the duo sat down at the corner table. 

You asked him if he wanted something to eat or drink, but he refused quietly. With a polite smile, you ordered breakfast for yourself since you have eaten nothing yet. Dio waited for you to finish your food with an impatient stare, his fingers tapping against the table. As he noticed you were done, he asked, "Tell me everything you know about me."

Your lips curled up in a teasing smile. "What's the rush about? And-"

"Hey, pretty girl! Wanna join us?!"

A bunch of guys who seemed to be a few years older than you called out. The smile on your face never faded as you turned to look at them. "I'm sorry, but I'm busy. Maybe, next time?" Although you knew you were lying and that 'next time' would never come.

One of them, who seemed to don't know how to take a no, spoke up. "C'mon! Don't be like that."

Ignoring that guy's comment, you continued your conversation with Dio. "Anyway, as I was saying-"

"Hey, don't ignore me!"

Now, all this unnecessary noise was making your head hurt. "Just a second." Your smile faded as you got up and walked up to their table. Dio was curious about what you would do, so he watched, resting his chin on the palm of his right hand.

They smiled in triumph as you looked down at them with your arms crossed, your face devoid of any emotion. What happened next was too fast for everyone to comprehend. Just when that guy was about to open his mouth to speak, you grabbed the closest thing to you, which happened to be a fork and stabbed him on his hand.

Dio's eyes widened slightly, surprised to discover this violent side of yours. Blood gushed out of that boy's hand as the boy screamed in pain, the rest of his body turning cold from fear by the second. His friends could only look at the scene unfold with widened eyes and mouth agape. Their shocked expressions and inability to speak caused a grin to appear on your face.