Chapter Three

Ember rushed back to the boutique with her heart hammering in her chest. She went inside the boutique and aunt Charlotte handed her granny Stacey's handbag. "Thanks, aunt Charlotte, " said Ember.

"My pleasure, dear. Why don't you join me for coffee?" She asked her kindly. Ember smiled.

"Okay. Thank you," she said. The door mingled and a young guy who helped earlier with the sales and billing, came inside with coffee. Aunt Charlotte divided the coffee into two cups and pushed one towards Ember.

"So, what do you do?" She asked Ember.

"I'm a nurse at Fordsville Public Hospital," she told her.

"That's very good. My mom was also a nurse. We used to live in Dallas and she worked at a hospital there," said aunt Charlotte.

Afterwards, Ember thanked her and walked slowly towards her house, disappointed that she hadn't met Rex.

Rex dumped the last of the merchandise from his truck at the warehouse of the boutique. He had gone with Sawyer to collect some of the expensive raw materials for his aunt from Helena. As he returned from the warehouse which was located behind the boutique, he noticed a young woman walking slowly away slowly. He stood mesmerized by the chocolate brown curls cascading down her back. Her figure was like a goddess's as her hips swayed with every step that she took. She turned to look at a baby and his mom passing by and Rex's jaws dropped at the creamy, milky skin of her face and neck. He could distinctly see her thick curled eyelashes and pink, plump lips as she turned. Then he saw her eyes. Emerald pools with bright specks. His hand went to his heart. Her eyes looked familiar but he couldn't pin point where he'd seen them. He was so hypnotized by her beauty that he lost his senses and just stood there, dumbfounded.

"I don't believe this! The heartthrob of Fordsville is dumbstruck by someone, it seems," laughed Sawyer as he watched Rex staring at a woman, bang in the middle of the busy marketplace. Rex came to his senses and glared at Sawyer.

"As if," he mumbled irritated at being caught.

"It's okay, bro. Admit it, you'd been bowled over by her," said a beaming Sawyer. He wasn't leaving it and couldn't wait to tell Rhett.

Rex smiled to himself and climbed onto his truck. He again looked to see the woman he'd seen before but she was nowhere to be seen. Where had she disappeared in such a short time? He drove home cursing himself for looking away. He could have seen where she went.

Sawyer was in high spirits and waited for Rhett to return home to be able to give him some juicy update. After all, it wasn't everyday that Rex Wilson was bowled by a woman. He hardly liked anyone enough to spare them a look. Till date his twin hadn't been able to figure out what type of girl he liked.

Ember was very upset when she returned home. All her hard work at dressing up for Rex had gone to a waste. She just changed into her signature shorts and top and set about making dinner. Granny noticed her change of mood and realized that her stunt at sending Ember to the boutique a second time hadn't worked. She hadn't met her Rex.

Ember's aunt Freida called and spoke to her, asking her for her measurements. They were going the next day to get the wedding dresses and would get a bridesmaid's dress for her too.

The next morning, a horse's loud neigh outside the hospital had all the nurses pouring out of their window to check. They saw Adelaide being thoroughly kissed by the same cowboy who'd come for her the other day. Ember was literally jumping up and down with excitement when Adelaide came inside.

"Hey Adel? He kissed you, we saw. Now you can't deny it. Spill, " she squealed.

"Shh, do you want Renner to arrive here and shoot us down?" Asked Adelaide.