Chapter Thirty-One

Ember was shocked by his question. "Are you proposing?" She asked slowly. 

"I have already proposed, baby. It still holds true. Just trust me please," he said with conviction. 

Ember stared at the ring on her finger. Of course he had proposed. He was here for her. He was hurting just as much as she was. He had left his home and was willing to stay with her for an indefinite period. He was missing his work and giving her priority. He wasn't complaining at all of his situation. He didn't once take advantage of her although they were all alone in the same apartment. What more proof did she need of his true feelings for her?

"I trust you, Rex. Give me a few days to wrap up at the hospital, pack up and then we'll go home to Fordsville," she told him and Rex grinned happily. 

"Thanks, you've made me very happy. Let's celebrate with a date. What do you say?" He asked her.

"Sure. Where will we go? In fact I've not seen anything in Helena. Let's check this city out," she suggested. Rex grinned and they quickly wrapped up the housework and left to explore the city. 

Holding hands, they saw the museums and explored the parks in the city. Grabbing their food from a fast food junction, they drove to Canyon Ferry Road leading to the majestic Missouri River to have a picnic. It was the most picturesque place surrounded by beautiful rock formations and wilderness. On the way back they visited the Helena Valley Reservoir to catch some fresh salmons for dinner. It was their first proper date and they made some good memories together. 

Tired and exhausted, both cooked a simple dinner of salmon steak, lemony herb couscous and pan-fried green beans. An awesome way to end the day. 

The next few days went by similarly, rejoicing in each other's company and exploring the city. Ember handed in her resignation at her hospital and waited to receive her release letter and reimbursements. They packed at their own pace without any hurry. Ember had called up her grandparents and announced her plans of returning home forever with her Rex. They were ecstatic and cried with happiness.  Rex called up his family too and announced the news of their engagement. 

"All packed up?" Asked Rex, eyeing the stuff as he strode into their bedroom. They were returning home the next day. 

"Yes, still I'm just cross checking," said Ember. 

"That can wait. Come here," he said impatiently. 

Ember dropped the stuff that she was packing and walked over to him. "What do you want now?" She asked with an impish grin.

"I haven't received the payment for making dinner today," he reminded her. Uh oh! She had completely forgotten about that. The payment for dinner was making love to one another. Her cheeks flushed and she looked shy all of a sudden. Rex had surely kissed her everyday a million times but he hadn't gone ahead and made any move beyond that. 

"Rex, I, " she started but he just pulled her onto his lap and crashed his lips to hers in a passionate kiss. He branded his name on her heart and she on his. Both couldn't get enough of the other. His hands went to her hips and he moulded her to his growing arousal. 

"Ember," groaned Rex as his hands went to the hemline of her tee shirt and he pulled it out of her. In ten days, she had got back her health and had filled her up nicely, just like before. The twinkle was back in her emerald eyes, the lustre in her hair the curves back in her body. She looked as radiant as an angel just like she did the first time Rex noticed her, five years back at the marketplace. His eyes darkened as he watched her creamy softness. His fingers smoothed her chocolate brown hair from her throat and kissed the leaping pulse their, sucking the spot. "Trust me Ember. I'll always be with you, I'll always make you happy, this is forever, I will worship you for as long as I shall live," he promised, looking straight into her eyes when his mouth left her throat. Ember touched his lips to quieten him. She knew that he would take care of her.

"I know Rex. I trust you. Please make love to me," she whispered to him softly. 

Rex laid her down on the bed and followed her down, stretching out beside her. Her hands slid inside his tee shirt to roam over his body, exploring. He tugged it free of the waistband of his jeans and pulled it out of him, giving her free access to his warm, hard skin. His warm hands explored her body minutely giving her time to grow accustomed to his touch to ready her for his intense lovemaking. His hand touched her breasts from over the thin lace of her bra and Ember sucked in her breath with anticipation. Not able to take it anymore, he unclasped her bra and discarded it. Her breath hitched as his hands teased her soft rounded breasts. 

"So soft. Exquisite, " he said deliriously as his mouth followed his hands, taking one at a time and sucking them hungrily. Ember wrapped her arms around his shoulders, as she moaned with pleasure. She had no idea, Rex's love making could be so sensual. He was the best, his hands did magic to her body, lighted a fire, a throbbing deep within her that she never knew she was capable of feeling. 

His legs covered hers while his arms imprisoned her as she strained closer to his length. He lifted himself up and got rid of her panties and shorts at one go, his dark, hungry eyes flashing with need as he stared at her exposed body. 

"Beautiful and only mine," he murmured as if in a trance. Ember blushed as his hot gaze swept over her. He got rid of his own clothes in a haste and Ember watched with hooded eyes his seat v-line and the massive arousal of his. He was sinfully gorgeous, there was no doubt about that. 

"Like what you see, baby?" He asked hoarsely. 

Ember nodded. "Very much," she grinned.

"All yours," he told her and she touched his hard shaft and he moaned her name. He ran his hand down her leg, his touch smooth and reassuring as it touched her wet folds, stroking it lovingly. He tasted her essence his tongue working it's magic on her making her moan with pleasure as she fisted his hair and arched more into him with abandon. His tongue sucked her bud saturating her with pleasure till she reached her climax. 

Rex couldn't wait a single moment more as his mouth left her wetness. She was ready for him. He positioned himself above her and while his mouth claimed hers in a possessive kiss, he entered her in a single thrust. He could feel her stiffen and he stroked her, releasing her mouth and whispering comforting words, waiting for the pain to subside. It did and they made love again and again, not getting enough of one another. It was the most beautiful moment of their lives and as they lay in each other's arms, they realized that they had forgotten to use protection in the heat of the moment. 

"I'm sorry, Ember, I..," said Rex feeling guilty. Ember touched his cheek lovingly. 

"No Rex, I want our baby to happen. Don't apologize please," she said, touching his cheekm reassuring him. "Don't you want a baby?"

"Of course I do. Andrea with get a playmate," he grinned, kissing her forehead. They had a blissful night, sleeping in each other's arms, finally looking forward to their journey of love.

The next day, after breakfast, they loaded their stuff in Rex's as well as Ember's car. Then locking the apartment up, they handed the keys to the security guards and climbed into their respective cars, driving home finally. 

Rex and Ember parked their cars in front of her grandparents house. The door opened and her grandparents welcomed them with open arms. "Finally, you're home. You've both made us so happy that there are no words to express our feelings, " said granny Stacey. 

"Yes, we had waited for this day for a year," said her gramps. Rex unloaded her stuff and carried them to her bedroom. He stayed till lunchtime and then he drove Ember to Wildcreek Ranch to announce their wedding plans. 

"I can't wait anymore. We'll get married in a month," said Rex and Ember nodded. 

"Okay. I'll join my old job at Fordsville Public Hospital," she told him and he agreed. 

"Would you like to move in with me? I can't wait for a month to make love again," said Rex. 

"No Rex, we'll find a way but I'll move in after the wedding, please," she requested him. Thankfully he agreed after much convincing. Ember didn't want to look like a desperate woman in front of his family. She would spend a month with her grandparents in the meantime.