Chapter Thirty

Dinner was over and Rex helped her with the dishes, standing as close to her as possible. She could feel his warm breath on her neck and face as his hands brushed with hers every now and then. Ember was acutely aware of him and goosebumps erupted on her skin every time they touched his. Ember couldn't look up to check his reaction but she could hear his breath hitch when their hands brushed. 

"I love washing dishes with you," he said into her ear, his lips brushing lightly against the soft spot below her ear. A tremor ran down her spine at his torture. She quickly washed the remaining dishes in a frenzy to keep herself sane. It kept him busy with his wiping. 

"Done at last. Time to hit the bed," he said, wiping his hands dry. Ember nodded not being able to speak. She was worried about his earlier remark. Would he really sleep in the nude with her or in an underwear? Both were too disturbing to contemplate upon. Rex whistled happily, walking towards the bedroom while Ember wiped her hands in slow motion like it was the most important work in the world. 

After five minutes, Rex yelled from the bedroom. "I'm sleepy. Are you coming or not?" 

A flustered Ember rushed into the bedroom. She saw Rex lying down on the bed, only his bare, muscular chest visible to her as he had covered the lower half of his body. Refusing to even look at him, she picked up her pajamas and darted into the en-suite to change and get ready for bed. She had no idea what Rex had in mind for her tonight and her heart beats intensified when she opened the door to go into the room. She was acutely aware of Rex's hot gaze following her everywhere around the room as she fidgeted here and there, purposely delaying having to sleep next to him. After patiently waiting for a while Rex whisked the cover away and got up from the bed. Ember quickly turned her head, she didn't want to see him naked or in an underwear. 

Rex chuckled as he strode towards her with purpose. "Why don't you go to sleep? I'm not feeling sleepy at the moment," said Ember as two arms caught her by the waist and hoisted her upon his shoulders, carrying her towards the bed. Ember's eyes widened and she saw that thankfully he was wearing a pair of sweatpants.

"Rex put me down, right now," she ordered but it didn't have any effect upon him. He strode towards the bed and gently laid her down upon it. 

"Sleep," he just said quietly. He walked around and lay down next to her. Ember had just closed her eyes when Rex's arms scooped her and pulled her against himself. 

"Stop man-handling me," she told him but snuggled close to his warmth instinctively. 

Rex embedded his face into her neck and drew in a deep, staggering breath. "I will do anything I want with you. You're mine just as I'm yours," he whispered, his lips brushing against her neck causing a tremor run down her spine. "Say that you're mine," he asked in a voice full of longing.

"Sleep Rex, " she said instead.

"No, I don't want to sleep. I want to do other things," he whispered, biting into her earlobe. Ember's breath hitched with anticipation. What would he do to her now?

"What other things?" She asked breathlessly. 

"Like, kissing you for a start?" He asked. "Can I kiss you Ember?" Ember turned her head and looked at him. She wanted him to see how much she wanted him to kiss her. Her hand went to his cheek and she planted a sweet kiss there. Rex lay still and allowed her to initiate whatever she had in mind. He was actually stunned that she was kissing him. 

Ember's mouth trailed down his jawline, showering it with small tender kisses till it reached his mouth. He groaned with anticipation and unable to control himself further, captured her lips in a hungry and passionate kiss. It was heaven as both had missed one another immensely for nearly a year. Ember buried her fingers into his hair, gently tugging it and pulling him closer. Rex moved swiftly over her, supporting his weight on his elbows, his bare chest crushed to his, his hot mouth fused to hers. It was a very lingering and tender kiss meant to show her how much he cared for her. His mouth plunged into hers, deepening the kiss, sucking and teasing her tongue, exploring and devouring the sweet recesses of her mouth. 

Ember couldn't hold back any longer. Her whole body was aroused with a fire that she had thought was dead long back. But it took only one touch and she was ignited from head to foot, a raw passion unfolding between them. Rex's hand gripped the top of her thighs gently and he sat up on the bed, with his mouth still fused to hers, pulling her gently onto his lap. 

"Ember," he breathed into her mouth when his mouth left hers and trailed to her neck simply embedding his face there to calm his rapidly beating heart. "I love you so much," he whispered. Ember clung to him, caressing his hair tenderly. She loved him of course more than her own self. They stayed in that sweet, loving embrace and it seemed that time stood still for them as they steadied their breaths as well as the undercurrent of emotions that they were going through. 

"Sleep, Ember, " he said, releasing her reluctantly. Much as he would have liked to make love to her, he decided against it right now. He didn't want to scare her away. He wanted to gain her trust first. He also wanted her to gain strength to be able to withstand his lovemaking. 

Ember lay in his arms, wrapping her arm around his delicious torso and closing her eyes with pure bliss. This was what she craved, this was what she had always longed. Her Rex. "Goodnight Rex, I love you too, " she whispered making Rex smile with happiness. 

The next morning, Ember woke up and stretched her hands and smiled. It was the best sleep of her life! She looked around and saw that Rex wasn't there in the room but she could hear him in the kitchen. So he didn't leave after all. She grinned happily and dashed to the en-suite. It was already 8 o'clock in the morning, so she took a shower as well. Wearing her favorite black top and denim shorts, she dried her hair and left it untied. Pleased with her appearance, she walked out of the bedroom towards the kitchen. The delicious aroma of fresh food water into her nose and she went inside the kitchen to find a hot Rex, cooking an equally hot breakfast.  

"Good morning ma'am, breakfast at your service," he said in a twangy tone. Ember giggled and peeped into the pan to see what he was making. 

"Wow, chef, I should increase your salary now," she teased seeing the delicious pancakes that he was making. Rex grinned. 

"I only accept perks ma'am, " he said with a glint in his eye.

"Okay, chef, you name the amount, " she said with a smile.

"Four kisses for making breakfast, makeout in return for cooking lunch and making love for cooking dinner, " he dictated and Ember's jaws dropped. 

"I'll cook from tomorrow onwards," she said, glaring at him.

"Oh come on. Don't be stingy. I need love, that's all, " pouted Rex. 

"I'll think about it," she said, getting herself a cup of coffee. "Do you need coffee?"

"No, I've had mine. I told you what I need. I'm waiting for my payment for making breakfast," said Rex. 

"Let me taste it first," said Ember with a laugh. They served the breakfast and sat down to eat. There was steak with egg and cheese bagel, banana pancakes with berry sauce which made Ember's mouth water. "This is awesome, when did you wake up to cook all of this?" She asked, impressed. 

"It didn't take much time. I like cooking for you," he said, eating his pancakes, relishing each bite. 

"I love cooking for you too," she admitted with a smile. 

"Really? I love kissing you," he said with a challenge, his eyes flashing at her. She too stared at him taking up the challenge. 

"I love kissing you too," she admitted and ate her food loving the jaw-dropped stare that he gave her.

"I love doing housework with you," he said with a grin.

"I love doing housework with you too," she said with a small smile on her lips.

"I love sleeping with you," he admitted. "It was the best sleep of my life."

"I love sleeping with you too. It was the best sleep of my life too," she told him and his grin broadened.

"I love being in love with you, it makes me complete," he said, his eyes flashing with emotions.

"I love being in love with you too. You're home for me," she admitted honestly. 

"Then marry me baby and come home with me?" He asked, a tortured and pleading look in his eyes.