Chapter Thirty-Two

Rex parked his Ford F-250 right in front of the main building of Wildcreek Ranch. Rihanna and Adelaide rushed out as if waiting for them to arrive. "Ember," they squealed with delight, rushing forward to hug her. Ember returned the embrace and the three friends just stayed together as time stood still for them. Ember had no idea when Renée too had joined them in their group hug. She felt so loved as tears of joy fell from her eyes.  This was her Rex's home and hers too. Adelaide too had tears in her eyes. 

"I'm so happy for you Ember. Finally we can live under one roof," she told her as they wiped their tears. 

"Let her come in and meet us too," said granny Jenny. They all giggled and went inside. 

Everyone hugged Ember, making her feel like a part of the family already. 

"What about me, mom? I too have come home after so many days," he said waiting to be hugged. His mom laughed and ruffled his hair. 

"Thank you for bringing Ember home, sweetie, " she whispered. 

"Congratulations, so when do you want your wedding?" his granddad asked Rex, releasing Ember from a hug.

"In a month, please, " he announced and everyone laughed. 

"Dad these days no one wants to wait for six months. They either want it in a month if you're lucky or a fortnight if you aren't, " said uncle Kendrick. Everyone laughed. 

"I know. Preparing for a wedding in a fortnight is so difficult, " said aunt Katherine. 

A loud neigh of a horse was suddenly heard disrupting the conversation. "There, Rihanna's Hunter has arrived," signed granny. Everyone chuckled and Rihanna blushed to the roots of her hair. Ember gave a quizzical look at Adelaide who gestured her to keep quiet and watch. 

The door opened and an extremely handsome cowboy came inside, filling the entire space with his presence.

"Sorry to bother y'all. Miss Rihanna, Robbie's asking for you since morning today. He hasn't eaten anything since yesterday. Could you please help me?" He asked Rihanna as everyone looked at each other.

Rihanna jumped up, it was obvious that she cared about Robbie. "Let's go," she said with concern. 

"I need to go and see Robbie, granddad," she said to her granddad and he nodded.

She left with him. Ember noticed how the man stared at Rihanna all the way to his huge black stallion. He hoisted Rihanna up with his strong hands and climbed up behind her, galloping away.

"Who was that?" Asked Ember in confusion. Even Rex was puzzled. He had never seen that man. 

"That's Hunter Bradshaw, he and his six year old nephew, Robson are whipped with Rihanna. She is Robson's class teacher and he only listens to her. So Hunter whisks her away with him all the time. Why he doesn't marry her already, God only knows. Rihanna too likes him. She spends more time at his house than here," said aunt Ruth, their mom. 

Rex and Ember shared a look. It was evident from the way Hunter looked at Rihanna that he was whipped with her already. 

"Forget them. She might not return home tonight. Robbie's a disturbed child and needs Rihanna, " said aunt Helen. 

"Yeah, let's plan for the wedding. I'm so excited," said aunt Charlotte. They discussed the wedding dresses excitedly and Rex watched her indulgently. He had waited for this moment fir so long, wanting to bring the love of his life home amidst his family, to plan their lives together. And now finally that dream was turning into a reality. When Adelaide was on her way to the kitchen, he caught up with her.

"Thanks Adel. You turned my dream into a reality. You gave me the push that I needed. It's because of you that I could win over my love, " he thanked her sincerely. 

"Oh, I did nothing, Rex. It's God's will that you two are together," she pointed out. Rex nodded. It was true indeed. 

Adelaide brought Andrea down when she woke up and she bonded with Ember so effortlessly that Rex was floored. No wonder she was a pediatric nurse, she really was very good with children. 

It was decided that they would go to aunt Charlotte's boutique to choose the wedding dress designs. Of course Adelaide would he her matron of honor. Sawyer and Rhett returned from the dairy farm and caught up with what was being planned. 

"Hey, Ember welcome to the family," said Rhett. "I'm very happy for you and Rex. I wanted him to be happy so badly that I prayed everyday for him. God has finally listened to my prayers, it seems," he smiled. 

"Yes, thanks Rhett. It feels so good to be finally home where I belong. It's bliss, you know, " she said and Rhett nodded. Of course he knew. He too had gone through a lot before finally uniting with his Adelaide. 

When everyone was busy, Rex whisked her to his room, the very place where he had  seen her that blessed day, eleven months ago. "I should have married you then and there. It would have saved us the heartache," he whispered into her ear. 

Ember pushed him away with a laugh. "So this is our future room. Hmm, I want some changes. I want a walk-in closet please, it had always been my dream to have one. I want a dresser and not just a mirror on the wall," she said walking around the room and thinking and planning. Rex followed her with a chuckle. She was already behaving like a wife.

He pulled her into his arms. "I'll grant you everything but first you have to please me, " he said with a challenging smile. 

"That's not possible here. Will you be pleased if I just kissed you?" She asked after looking at the door to ensure that no one was listening to them. 

"Nope," he said pointedly.

"Then how?" Ember said perplexed. 

"Go out with me tomorrow?" He asked hopefully. 

"Fine, but where?" She asked with curiosity. 

"You'll see," he winked. "Well, I'm waiting for a kiss." Ember obliged him and then they discussed more about their dream wedding. Rex dropped her home later and she waited excitedly for her dream date the next day. She updated granny and gramps about what happened at Wildcreek Ranch. Even granny wanted to accompany her to aunt Charlotte's boutique to select her dream dress.

The next fifteen days, Ember and Rex went out everyday to different places near Fordsville. They both had discovered a new interest, a new love for traveling. Their wedding preparations were going on in full swing. The wedding dresses were all ready and the final fitting was two days later. 

They wanted the wedding to be held on the sprawling lawns of Wildcreek Ranch and the reception at the same barn as Rhett's was held. The wedding invitations were already sent. The whole of Fordsville had to be invited since Rex  was much loved and considered a hero of the town. Ember looked lovelier day by day, glowing like a queen, Rex's queen. She got her old job back at Fordsville Public Hospital and couldn't have been happier. 

With all good things finally happening to them, they eagerly looked forward to their wedding.