Chapter Thirty-Three

It was morning yet Ember felt too exhausted to get up from bed and get ready to go to work. She threw up once already and lay quietly as she didn't have the strength to do anything else.

After sometime, when she didn't come down like she usually did, granny came to her room to enquire. "Are you unwell, dear?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah, I can't go to work, granny. Please can you call up and inform nurse Renner?" She requested.

"Sure. What happened to you?" Asked granny.

"I'm feeling very exhausted and nauseated. I threw up once already," said Ember.

"Since when are you feeling this way?" Asked granny, suspiciously. coming home

"Since today," she answered.

"When did you last get your periods?" Asked granny.

Ember's eyes widened at the implication. Was she pregnant? "Oh, I missed my periods this month. I think I'll take a pregnancy test," she said with excitement.

Granny nodded. "I'll get you some test kits later," said granny. It was too early in the morning and the pharmacy hadn't opened yet. "I'm going to call your hospital. Do you need anything?" Asked granny.

"No granny. I'll sleep a little, " she told her. Granny let her sleep and went downstairs. Afterwards she went to the nearby pharmacy to get the pregnancy test kits for Ember. Coming back home, she made some soup and took it to Ember's room. She had just woken up.

"Here honey, eat first and then take the tests. I'm waiting for the results, " she told her with a broad smile on her face.

"Yes granny, " said Ember, returning the smile. She thankfully had the soup and bread and calmed herself. She didn't want to throw up again. She needed the nourishment for her baby. Afterwards going to the en-suitem she took three tests to be sure. All came out positive. Ember was very excited. She was pregnant with Rex's baby. She couldn't wait to tell him the news. Showering and fleshing up, she went downstairs to tell her grandparents the news of her pregnancy.

She went to the kitchen where granny was just cleaning up after breakfast. "Did you take the tests?" She asked Ember.

"Yes granny and guess what? All three tests came out positive. I am pregnant. I can't believe it. I'm so happy, " she said, clapping her hands excitedly.

"That's wonderful news, dear. Now you need to take extra with the wedding coming up in twelve more days," said granny. Ember nodded.

"Don't worry granny. I will, " she promised. It was already 10:30 in the morning and she wanted to go and announce the news to Rex. "I'll go to Wildcreek Ranch to announce the news to Rex, granny, " she insisted.

"Are you sure you can drive?" Asked granny with concern. "I'll go with you. Wait, let me inform your gramps."

So after twenty minutes her gramps drove them to Wildcreek Ranch. Ember went inside with her granny and granny Jenny came forward happily to hug her best friend. "You have forgotten us it seems, Stacey, " she complained and granny Stacey laughed.

"Not at all. Here I am to announce a thrilling news," she said. Everyone's attention was piqued.

Rex heard that Ember was here at his house and he rushed in from the ranch where he was working with the horses. He pulled Ember to his room. "You didn't go to work?" He asked with concern.

"No, I wasn't feeling well," she told him. Rex was very worried.

"What happened? Do you want me to take you to the doctor?" He asked with more concern. Ember grinned.

"No, I'm just pregnant, " she told him with a laugh. Rex froze as he heard the news. Then he came to his senses and a dazzling smile of pure happiness spread over his face.

He hugged Ember with joy. "This is the happiest news of my life. I can't believe it, Ember. I'm gonna be a dad," he exclaimed excitedly. They remained in an embrace till the overwhelming feeling seeped into their heart and soul. Afterwards they went out to celebrate with their family. The moment Ember went to the living room, Rex's mom hugged her.

"I'm so happy dear. Take care of yourself now. Are you sure you can go ahead with the wedding? We could postpone if you want?" Said Rex's mom.

"No aunt Ruth. I can manage, " she told her hugging her back. The girls squealed with delight seeing her.

"Oh my Gosh, I can't believe that Andrea would get a playmate so soon," said Adelaide, clapping her hands. Their grannies already started discussing the wedding, their pregnancy and probable baby names for their unborn child. If it were a girl, they thought of Elissa and if it was a boy, they wanted to name him, Reagan. Everyone agreed to the names. The names were actually decided by Rhett and Sawyer. With Ryder in Las Vegas and Ryan gone to spend a week at some friend's house, there was a little less craziness than usual.

Raine was in Great Falls attending College and she usually arrived home during the weekends. Ronald too was with her at the same university. Rihanna got ready to go to her school and after celebrating with them a little, she drove over to her school.

She had just parked the car and got down when Robson Bradshaw came rushing from somewhere, with tears in his eyes. "Anna ma'am, I wanna go home. They're saying bad words to me," he sobbed, wiping his tears. Rihanna leaned down a little and hugged him.

"Who's saying bad words to you?" She asked him gently. He held her hands and led her towards a group of senior boys who upon seeing them, ran at top speed to go hide somewhere.

"It's okay Robbie, I'll punish them later. Shall we go to your class?" She asked gently. She had spoken to his uncle a few days back when she noticed distress signals in Robson. She learnt that he had undergone a traumatic experience three years back, after a dreadful fire at his family ranch in Arkansas, when he lost his whole family except his uncle, Hunter Bradshaw. He needed her help and since she was a specialized elementary school teacher, she tried her best to help Robson.

The little boy, caught hold of her hand and they both walked towards their classroom.

After having lunch at Wildcreek Ranch, they all went to aunt Charlotte's boutique for the final fitting. The rings were also bought and afterwards, Rex dropped Ember and her granny home. The next day was Ember's bridal shower party while Rhett, Sawyer, Blake were going to throw Rex's bachelorette party at Blake's house. Ryder was arriving the next morning and so was Ronald and Ryan.

The next day Ember had a very cozy bridal shower party inside the main building since Ember didn't want a gala party. The food was home cooked and Ember sat with Adelaide and Andrea, receiving gifts. Suddenly the door opened and Robson came running inside followed by his distressed uncle.

Robson looked for Rihanna and after finding her, ran to her and wrapped her arms around Rihanna's neck. His body was burning with fever and Rihanna was concerned. She picked him up in her arms and turned to Hunter.

"He's burning with fever, Hunter, " she pointed out with a worried face.

"He won't stay at home. I don't know what to do," he said, frustrated. Rihanna carried Robson's tired body to her room followed by Hunter. She laid him down on her bed.

"Did you give him any medicine?" She asked with concern.

"He won't take anything. Why don't you come home Rihanna. I'm already tired," Hunter said, tiredly.

So Rihanna packed up for a few days and left with Hunter while Ember and the others continued to enjoy the party.