Chapter 5

Alora was pushed out of the way by both Fallon and Crystal and she landed on a couch that was placed to the side, she looked up to see Fallon launching herself at Crystal

"let go bitch"

"Get off me"

Crystal and Fallon we're quite literally at each other's throats. Alora could hear screams and grunts coming from both women. Alora realised she had to stop this before one of them got seriously injured so she got up and held Fallon back from her waist and gave a slight push to Crystal so she could reach Fallon.

Alora wanted to laugh because despite the severity of the situation Fallon was screaming and kicking, desperately trying to release herself of Alora so she could get to Crystal and that action alone made Alora feel as if she was handling two kids who were having a tantrum over their favourite toy.

After Crystal and Fallon had calmed down a silence settled over the three where both women completely overlooked Alora and gave each other the harshest glare they could each muster up.

"There will be plenty of time for this after this wedding" stated Crystal with a slither of smugness coating her words and she realised that sentence ticked her off when she heard a deep grunt from Fallon

"Bite me Crystal"

"Please, Call me mom"

Fallon was about to launch herself at Crystal again but stopped at the sign of her sisters glare and knew that it meant not to piss her off. Fallon turned around as if she was going to leave but quickly spun on her feet to rapidly rip of the bow adorning Crystals jumpsuit and then abruptly left the room leaving Crystal and Alora alone.

The tense silence was broken by Alora
"I'll get someone to help you fix your jumpsuit in time for the wedding once again congratulations Crystal"

Alora came upstairs and entered her room that both Fallon and Steven were seated in

"She isn't family"
Alora and Steven both shared a look knowing what the real problem was but they decided not to bring it up yet as Fallon would always get defensive in the past whenever the subject was brought up
"She will be soon" spoke Alora

"Look at everyone we know. The Kochs, the Murdochs, the president dad voted for, all those businesses were passed down to the next generation." listed Fallon but before Alora could reply Steven beat her to it

"Also worth noting, all those people are evil"
Both girls knew this would be their brothers reply as he was and had always been very passionate about the environment, something which Fallon and their father we're definitely not at least Alora tried.

Fallon ignored what her brother said and pointedly stared at the two other people seated in the room
"Family dynasties flow through blood from parent to child.
Wives, ugh... they just come and go."

There it was.

Alora and Steven didn't have to bring it up this time as Fallon brought it up herself. This is what it was about Fallon's insecurity in the area in which Alexis was concerned.

This insecurity and need for perfection was the one big thing both sisters shared. Ever since Alexis left it seemed as if the Carrington siblings were broken especially Fallon and Alora and in no way did Alora think that Fallon and her had it harder because she was certain Steven missed Alexis as much as Alora and Fallon he just hid it better.

At least that's what she thought.

Alora looked towards her sister and gave her a gentle smile the moment was broken when Steven shared what Alora and him both wanted to say
"So that's what this is really about, isn't it? mom. Ever since the day she took off, you both have done whatever you can to fill the hole she left. Both of you always trying to be the best and brightest."

Alora looked towards her sister and realised Steven had hit the place he intended to as the wall Fallon had up slipped and gave them an insight into what she was really feeling even if the slip up only lasted a second.

"We don't have to try we just are" spoke Fallon with false pride because deep down she knew and Alora knew that their brother was right they both had issues related to abandonment and Alora had the worst of it all

Atelophobia

Alora turned towards her sister when Steven spoke again
"Now you feel like your being replaced. Not just at home, the office, but worst you feel as if she'll take Alora away from you"

Alora was aware that Fallon felt that way and did her best to reassure her sister of her insecurities when it came to her but how could she when she couldn't deal with her own insecurities.

"The company is the the thing dad values the most in this world, he should be giving it to me and Alora"

It was Alora's turn to speak this time
"Fallon no one can ever replace you"

Alora was feeling tired and it looked as if the two other siblings were going to continue the conversation and she still had to get dressed for the wedding so she said her goodbyes and made her way towards her room.

Authors note
Hey guys I think I underestimated how long this fanfic will be because I wanted to start another one but Idk if I want to write two at a time