Chapter 10

TW : PANIC ATTACK

TW : PANIC ATTACK

''That means you got away with it'' taunted Fallon whilst slightly turning her head to face Crystal, unknowingly turning herself away from her father who had frustration clearly written on his face. Alora looked towards her father and noticed the anger raging behind his eyes and didn't hesitate to grab her sisters hand to pull her away from the wall, which only seconds later became the object of Blake Carrington's anger.

The loud smash of the glass hitting the wall echoed through the room and everyone was left in a silence that Fallon broke                                                                                                                                                      ''Aw, daddy, you missed'' stated Fallon in a mocking tone although both Steven and Alora could hear the pain in her voice when she realised that Blake would try something like this. Fallon sent a smile towards Alora that was full of relief and gratefulness, which Alora didn't hesitate to return.

"We are not doing this now. Everyone will be pulling us apart over this." Stated Blake whilst looking at everyone in the room before continuing
"We need to come together to protect our family"

Alora could tell that Crystal was confused by her father's statement but she also knew that it was only a while before Crystal truly began to understand what being a Carrington entailed.
"You mean our business"

To which simultaneous
"Same thing" we're let out by both Blake and Fallon to which both Steven and Alora rolled their eyes to.

"You wanted her to be your COO let's see what she's made out of" Spoke Fallon before leaving the room with everyone else and just as Alora was about to leave she came to a stop upon hearing her fathers voice.

"Alora wait, we have some things to discuss"

Alora turned towards her father, confused on what he could say and what was so important that it had to be said now.
"Carrington Atlantic has a new business partner" stated Blake, casually as if this was an every day occurrence

What do you mean new business partner?" Questioned Alora in confusion of who this possible partner could be and frustrated that her Father hadn't told her of anything.

Blake looked up at his daughter and saw the look on her face and he could tell she was visibly upset by him not informing her of this situation.
"Alora it's very complicated with this business partner as he isn't someone I've worked with before" said Blake before taking a pause trying to find the wording to explain the situation they were in

"At the wedding I introduced you to a man named Alexander Ranelwood" spoke Blake looking towards his daughter to see if she remembered him. Alora gave her father a nod indicating she knew who her father was referring to which Blake took as a sign to continue.

"I joined a partnership with him as he now owns Ranelwood industrial" Blake took a long pause knowing what he was about to say wasn't fair on his daughter, but he was desperate.
"There was a condition set by his father to help with the publicity of both our companies and it involves you" The atmosphere in the room grew thicker and Alora was visibly annoyed by her fathers lack of information

"You both have to get married and must play the part of a happy couple"
Before Alora could react Blake had began explaining and attempting to present justifications

"I'm so sorry, I promise it will only be a while but you have to understand it's important for you to do this as me and Richard Ranelwood currently have a contract and if this isn't fulfilled we will loose everything"

Alora couldn't believe what her father was asking of her and she wasn't sure if he was hearing himself. He was asking her to get married to a man she didn't know, albeit they had met but that was no way near good enough for her to agree to marry him no matter how fake it would be.

For some reason Alora knew that no matter what she said she wouldn't have much of a say in the matter and her resolve slipped the moment her father brought up how devastated he would be if Carrington Atlantic was to go away from him.

Alora looked up to see Alexander enter the room, despite her shock at his arrival she looked past him and tried her best to ignore him and noticed her father was about to leave

Tears welled up in her eyes. She turned to the side and entered the bathroom after telling her father she'd think about it.
As the door closed she fell against it and the tears streamed freely. The sobs ripped out her throat as all the emotions she'd been holding in began to flow out.

Alora tried her best to breathe yet all attempts were hopeless and nothing could stop the feeling of suffocation that crawled at her throat. It felt as if life was slipping away and no matter how many times she tried to calm herself down it wouldn't work.

Authors note

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter the next ones gonna be extra juicy.

Please comment or vote always helps