Chapter 24

Kaden

I can't believe I was thrown out! This outing was supposed to be a nice date with my little fairy, but I ended up being kicked out instead, so I decide to join the other Warriors at the 'Night Bar'. It's a pub that was established by my dad about five years ago for the Knights to spend their free time in. That way they don't have to face people's contemptuous looks when they go out.

"Ha ha ha ha ha! Look who it is!" Duma laughs from behind the bar when he sees me walk in. "Let me guess, the girls kicked you out." He mocks, pouring Dexter a drink. I honestly didn't expect the officers to be here with the Warriors.

"Yeah. And they didn't do it nicely either." I grumble sulkily, joining Dexter by the bar.

"Want a drink?" Duma asks with a smirk, clearly amused by my sour mood.

"Coke." I don't want to drink in case I'll have to drive later.

"So what happened?" Dexter questions curiously.

"They have a girls' day. - I groan - And as a guy, I'm banned from joining. Damn them, they stole my girl before I could even protest!"

"You're not the only one. See them? - Duma points at the guys sitting at the booths - They were kicked out in the morning along with the security and have been here for hours. Those Warrior girls are fucking vicious, I gotta admit."

"Yeah, they are."

"Though I have to say, it's a little reckless of them to send away the security. What if something happens?" Duma frowns in worry.

I understand his concern, but the girls are not helpless. "They girls are not weak, and they have Cindy with them. Even I'm not stupid enough to go against mom's protégé. Ghoul is almost as scary as Ghost." I chuckle amusedly. Cindy aka Ghoul is one of the first girls that came to mom's hotel. At first, she was a bitter teenager who didn't trust anyone, but now she's the general manager and trains the girls whenever mom isn't available. She even fought in the Cage a few times to test her skills on people who wouldn't go easy on her.

"Speaking of Warriors, did your mother tell you about the new girl she's about to take in?" Dexter asks seriously, no longer in the mood for jokes. Mom is taking a new girl in?

"No, she didn't. Why?"

"We're still investigating it, but it appears that the girl is actually your cousin." Dexter reveals and I gape at him in shock. My cousin?

"But I don't have a cousin... My aunt didn't have a kid." She was too busy whoring around for drugs and getting wasted.

"It appears that she did, but the child wasn't raised by her. From what we found out, she left the kid at the hospital right after birth and didn't contact her again."

"Then how did you find her?"

"We're looking into an escort business run by some scumbag from New York, and it appears he employs underage girls there. We're suspecting they're forced to work there, at least that's what our client has implied, so we're investigating the place. We've already found out identities of three of the girls working there, mostly because there are... videos of them with the so-called customers, and one of them is called Clara Benson." He says gravely.

Benson? Like my aunt? "Maybe it's a coincidence. I mean, it's a quite common name..."

"We thought that too, but she resembles you a lot. You could easily pass for siblings." Duma cuts in. "I know it sounds outrageous, but we thought you should know."

"Why didn't mom tell me?" I sigh in despair, leaning on the bar tiredly. She doesn't usually have secrets, so why didn't she tell me about this?