Chapter 52

Faye

I can only stare at the girls like a deer in headlights. I had no idea they were by the door and heard me tell Kaden I love him. They will never let me live this down, I can tell as much just by looking at their teasing smiles.

Oh boy...

"Oh, the magic L-word... how cute," Kalra gives me a mockingly sweet smile, holding her chest dramatically. "Our Faye is all grown up now."

"Stop it," I whine timidly, embarrassed by their taunting gazes.

"I can tell just by looking at you that it wasn't the first time you've said it," Simone grins, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. "You are so going to be interrogated."

I'm doomed.

We all go to a place the girls call 'the bar', which is a hidden room behind the restaurant. I don't think it can be entered by just anyone, seeing how Kalra has to put in some password to open the door.

When we all come inside, I'm shocked by how lavish the place is. It's like a luxurious night club, with a heavy wooden bar by one wall, illuminated by a bunch of neon lights attached to the shelves behind it, which are filled with dozens of colorful liquors. The rest of the space is filled with leather couches, dark wooden tables, but what catches my attention are the gorgeous paintings on the walls - they're portraits of the Warriors.

"Oh wow..." I gasp quietly at the beautiful pictures, getting a soft chuckle from the girls.

"Surprising, isn't it?" Simone laughs. "We were shocked too when our Regina told us we're getting our portraits painted."

"Hold on, they're hand-made?" She's got to be kidding.

"Yup. Regina's friend is a painter and she comes here twice a year to take the pictures of the Warriors, then she makes the portraits and sends them here. This place is like our own museum. Everyone that has ever been a Warrior is here."

That's incredible, I have to admit. I had no idea about this.

"Wow," I can't help but gape at the portraits in amazement.

We all go to the biggest couch located in the farthest corner of the room, and surprisingly we all fit there. It must've cost a fortune to get a couch that can fit ten people, but that only shows how thoughtful mom is when it comes to her pupils. She really treats them like her children.

She's even the same with me.

"Actually, I came here to give you something," I tell the girls as I put the bags on the table between us. "I wanted to thank you for taking care of Dorian," I smile gratefully.

"We only did what was right, you don't have to thank us," Kalra retorts.

"I want to," I grin before handing out the gifts to the girls. I've gotten a bunch of different things for them according to what I've learned about them. For example, since Simone likes science-fiction books, I got her 'the Rifters Trilogy' and 'Blindsight' by Peter Watts; for Leanne, who likes wearing hoodies, I got a nice black over-sized hoodie with a print of a fighter on it; for Kalra, who's a fan of rock music, I got a pair of nice headphones and so on. I took the girls' interests and hobbies into consideration when I was choosing their gifts, which is why it took so long to buy everything.

The girls seem to like what I got them, thankfully, and their happy smiles bring me immense satisfaction. I was slightly afraid they wouldn't like their presents, but since that's not the case, I'm pleased.

My kind friends decide that we can't have a proper ladies' night without wine, so they raid the bar and bring two bottles of the liquor, along with some glasses. I curiously ask them why the guys, Matthew and Charlie, didn't join us, since they're Warriors too, but the girls only laugh in response. Then Judy explains that the guys prefer spending time at the Knights' bar instead of here, because they feel intimidated by how outnumbered they are. They find it more comfortable to be with other men than nine unpredictable girls.