Chapter 56

Faye

"What do you think about this purple one?" Leanne shows me a lovely knee-length cocktail dress, but after seeing my reluctant frown, she puts it back on the hanger. With a small sigh, she goes back to searching through the dresses again.

Ever since we came to the mall, the girls made it their mission to turn me into their doll and keep forcing me to try various dresses. It's the third store we're visiting and I'm really tired of being a model. I just want to grab whatever catches my attention and get it.

"I think green fits Faye better. It suits her eyes. Or something light, like beige or peach." Thea comments when she sees what dresses the girls pick for me. I thought we were all going to do shopping, but the girls concentrate solely on me, much to my dismay.

"Oh, that's right!" Simone claps her hands excitedly and rushes to the hanger with light dresses. She rummages through them before picking a light beige dress with golden ornaments. It's nice, I like it. The heart neckline is decorated with delicate lace and the A-line skirt flows prettily.

"It's beautiful," I gently touch the piece of art, slightly afraid I'll damage it if I'm not careful.

"I'm glad you like it. Now we just need to find shoes and accessories," Simone grins then sends the other girls a smug smirk. "I win. She chose my dress, so pay up."

I watch shocked as the girls begrudgingly hand Simone crisp fifty-dollar notes, while Thea only laughs quietly. "You... what is this?"

"We betted on who will pick the perfect dress for you, and I've just won."

"You're unbelievable," I shake my head at them. I know it's no use scolding them or anything, since it's their choice how they spend their money and time.

"Faye, what do you think about these shoes? I think they'd go well with the dress." Evelyn brings over a pair of beige flats with small decorative bows on the toes and a distinctively dark heel.

"I love them," I chuckle. I've realized it's no use arguing with the girls about fussing over me like this, so I only accept their enthusiasm.

"Fantastic," Evelyn grins then hands me the box so I can try the shoes on to see if they fit well. Thankfully, they do, so I can quickly pay for them and hopefully be done with this torture. We've been at the mall for over four hours now...

I want to go home and cuddle with Kaden.

It seems that the girls have a different idea, though, and they lead me to the food court once I'm done paying for my things. "Ladies, we have some unwanted attention," Leanne whispers inconspicuously, discreetly gesturing at a group of guys sitting few tables away. They stare at us with weird smiles on their faces and keep whispering between themselves, often nodding in our direction.

I don't like it.

Just when I think they might be harmless, they get up from their table and head our way before they surround us. I feel utterly uncomfortable with them trapping us like this, and I can see I'm not the only one. "Do you want something?" Thea asks coldly, folding her arms over her chest with confidence.

"We just thought we'd keep you lovely ladies company," one of the boys says with a cocky smirk. "It looks like you're alone, and we're alone as well, so why don't we have some fun together?"

"Fuck off, will you?" Kalra glares at the boy, shrugging the hand he put on her shoulder. "We're not interested."

"Come on, don't be like that... Aren't you bored all by yourselves?" another boy chuckles creepily, leaning over my shoulder, effectively trapping me under his arm. Please go away.