Chemistry

Author's note: I was very surprised that this was kind of popular (more so than I expected) ! So thanks! Btw, in England school finishes at 3 so that's the time you finish in this!

The end of the school day couldn't have gone any slower. You were sat in chemistry, your last class of the day, looking mindlessly at the clock: practically day-dreaming. She was on your mind, when wasn't she? Oh, how you wished to paint her. You'd choose the deepest brown for her eyes...

"What's the charge of a neutron?"

A soft pink for her cheeks...

"Y/n?"

You snapped out of your day-dream, looking up... Everyone was staring at you.

"What was the question?" You whispered

"What's the charge of a neutron, Y/n?" Miss Hearth spoke, looking displeased.

"Oh, uh, 0?"

"Yes... At least you're not stupid as well as deaf."

You sighed: half-relieved, half-perplexed. Was she allowed to say that? You would've challenged her yesterday but not today, an afterschool detention is the last thing you need right now. Alas the bell rung, you stood up immediately and began walking towards the door.

"Wait Y/n," Miss Hearth voiced.

Hesitating, you turned around and slowly walked towards her.

"You cannot fall asleep in my class!"

"But I wasn't? I was just thinking," You retaliated, noticing how everyone in the class had already left.

"Oh really? Well you can think in a detention afterschool...

... tomorrow."

"Okay!" Frankly, you couldn't be happier. She clearly noticed this, which confused her, but before she could say another word you left the room. Looking down at your phone, it was 3:10, hopefully the situation with Miss Hearth didn't mean you had missed the bus.

Jogging towards the exit, you swung the front doors open. No bus in sight... crap. You started to walk down the steps, getting your phone out of your pocket once more to message Damian that you had missed the bus.

A car horn blared from the road in front of the school.

"Get in loser, we're going to Janis'!" Damian bellowed from the sun-roof of Janis's silver car. From here you could see Janis doubled over, laughing because of Damian.

Your lips cracked into a wide grin as you ran over to her car and opened the back-door, slumping onto the seat.

"Hey Y/n, why're you late?" Janis asked as she began to recover from her laughing fit.

"Miss Hearth kept me behind to tell me I had an afterschool tomorrow!" You remarked, making it clear you thought that it was unfair.

"Wow, sounds like you were trying to get out of the sleepover," Janis teased.

You couldn't help but laugh considering it was literally the exact opposite.