Secret location

It seemed to dawn on both you and Janis at the same time what Damien had done.

At the thought of being alone with Janis, you began to blush deeply; shoving your fists into the pockets of your jacket. You were undoubtedly happy to be alone with her - you just didn't want to screw up your chance of being with her.

Glancing up, you realised Janis was studying you closely; As you made eye contact with her, she grinned, "You good?"

"Never better," You replied. It was true.

Now she was the one blushing, "God Y/n, look at us."

"What do you mean?" You asked knowingly.

Janis raised an eyebrow and laughed, "Nothing. Wanna see something cool?"

Before you could respond, Janis stepped out of her room; Puzzled as to what she meant, you reluctantly followed her and saw she was waiting for you downstairs, by the front door, holding her car keys.

You scurried down the steps, as not to keep her waiting any longer, "Where are we going?"

Janis smiled and held the door open for you, "We're driving to a top secret location."

Time-skip to the car journey

You and Janis hadn't spoken since you got in the car, but it wasn't awkward - far from it, it felt natural, an intimate silence. 

It felt like she had been driving for at least 10 minutes, maybe more. Where was she taking you? And why? Before you could overthink everything leading up to this moment, you felt the car come to a halt, breaking you out of your reverie, "We're here."

"And where is here exactly?" You replied, looking out the window to see that she had parked by an outdoor storage unit property.

"All will be revealed," Janis joked, as she opened  the car door and began walking towards the entrance.

You got out of the car and trailed behind her, gazing up at the now darkened sky which was painted blue, one stroke at a time, transitioning into deeper and deeper shades of night.

Glancing around at all the storage units, you wondered why she would even need one in the first place, "Did you take me here to kill me?"

"Yeah, this is all apart of my elaborate plan to murder you," Janis said, a bit too seriously for your liking.

You smirked and raised your eyebrows, "You know you could of just asked right?"

"I'll keep that in mind."

Before you could come up with another clever reply, Janis halted at the second to last storage unit in the lot, knelt down, and got her keys out of her pocket; She swiftly slotted the correct key into the keyhole and lifted up the silver door above her head, as if she had done it one hundred times before.

Janis walked into the unit and hovered her finger by the light switch momentarily before switching it, suddenly light engulfed the room revealing everything within in.

"Holy shit," You whispered, completely enthralled by how all of this could fit into such a superficially unremarkable unit.

A myriad of paintings, all clearly drawn by Janis, hung upon the walls; Multiple easels stood tall and proud in three of the four corners of the unit. In the far right unoccupied corner, slouched a large, purple bean bag with a small, battery-powered lamp beside it.

"Like it?" Janis asked humbly.

"Like it? No I don't like it, I fucking love it Janis!" You remarked, sometimes Janis was so oblivious to how incredible she was.

Janis looked as if she was about to reply, but suddenly she caught a glimpse of one of the unfinished painting sat in one of the easels and at once, Janis' face became flush.

Looking towards the easel, all became clear. 

She was recreating the same thing you were painting, the first time you met her in eighth period art; You didn't think anyone had ever payed much attention to the things you were proud of, you were wrong.

"Don't worry, I won't sue," You said slowly stepping closer to Janis, smirking.

Janis, noting the short distance between you, whispered amusingly, "Thank god." 

Janis stepped forward, closing the gap between you. You both held eye contact, and for the first time you actually felt seen; She saw you and you saw her. 

Her hand raised slowly to cusp the bottom of your jaw, ensuring you kept eye contact; She maintained slight pressure, as if she was silently daring you to turn away. 

"Tease much?" You joked, unsure if  you should've just kept quiet.

In response, Janis raised an eyebrow and snaked her free arm around the small of your back; Then, she leaned forward, her lips slotting perfectly against yours - you melted instantly. Eagerly, you reciprocated the action, earning a chuckle from her.

Before long, she pulled away, a whine escaped your lips in protest.

"Nothing clever to say?" Janis teased.

"Shut up," You said, half-jokingly. 

Suddenly, a wave of fatigue washed over you, causing you to yawn. What time was it anyways? 

"It's already midnight. Don't worry I have blankets here," Janis stated, noticing how tired you looked.

"Time flies, huh," You replied. 

Glancing around, you rediscovered the large, purple bean bag in the corner and instantaneously walked over to it and sat down. Janis gathered the aforementioned blankets from behind an easel, turned on the small lamp beside you and then proceeded to shut the unit door.  

As you watched her turn around and walk towards the bean bag, you couldn't help but drink in her beauty like a thirsty beggar, urging you to ask a much needed question, "Are we dating now?"

Janis laughed and chucked a blanket at you, "I hope so."

You grinned, "Then we're officially official?"

"As official as officially possible," Janis answered, indulging in your cute stupidity. 

As Janis sat down on the bean bag, you wrapped a blanket around the two of you and lay down. Almost as if it were second nature,  you enveloped both arms around Janis and rested you head beside the back of her neck.

"If either of us, I would've expected you to be the little spoon" Janis admitted, warmly.

But, you were already asleep.