Chapter 6

Something so small shouldn't make me feel so good but my heart began to race. It had been about a week and a half and my bruises were starting to fade on my arm. My side still had a few days to go though, but he wouldn't see that. So I agreed and we hung up. Suddenly I began to panic. My hair was a disaster from laying in bed for a week and washing it then laying back down on wet hair. I ran to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth furiously, put on deodorant, threw my hair in a messy bun, and put some mascara on to finish. Then I heard a knock on the door and froze. Why was I so excited? Nothing could or even would happen. I was older and he was my brother's best friend. I walked to the door and opened it

" You didn't let yourself in this time."

" That was different," he brushed past me through the doorway then leaned down to whisper " this time your brother didn't ask me to come"

I shut the door and followed him into the living room. I felt at a complete loss for words.

" What were you doing?"

" Nothing, I was just boring and watching tv. Why did you want to come and see me?" I couldn't help but ask because I was utterly curious. There was no way that he really wanted to spend time with me. No one ever did except my brother. He narrowed his eyes when he looked at me and a smirk pulled the left side of his mouth up. The look alone made me think very bad thoughts about this man.

" If I'm being honest." he leaned closer to me on the couch, " I plan on getting to know you better, much better than I do now."

I wanted to melt into the couch. This was so incredibly wrong for so many reasons and I constantly reminded myself of those reasons. it shouldn't be possible that something bad made me feel this good And most importantly, good about myself. Milo's hand was draped across the back of the couch and I couldn't be sure but it felt like it was inching closer to mine.

" I think I'd like that," I said softly.

So that's what we did. We sat on the couch talking long into the night. At some point his hand reached mine and he had started tracing shapes on my palm. And I didn't dare move my hand away. The way that one simple touch felt was incredible. And it made me want more. I wanted to do so much more than just get to know Milo, I realized. I wanted him to touch me and not stop. I wanted to do some very inappropriate things with him as well.

" can I ask you something?" he murmured, " you don't have to if you're uncomfortable."

" no, it's fine. Ask me" after my third glass of wine I was feeling bold and knew that I'd say just about anything right now

" Are you happy?"

I wasn't expecting that question. The answer was no, hell no. I hated my life but that was a little much to dive into at the moment so instead, I downed another sip of wine and answered him.

" I am very happy when I'm with my brother." I looked at my hand on the back of the couch which was still being touched lightly by his fingertips and said quietly " and I am when we hang out" the tiniest glimpse of a smile pulled at his lips. I let out the breath that I didn't realize I had been holding and giggled. "I've had quite a bit to drink tonight" his eyes finally met mine and the mix of green and brown pulled me in and I couldn't think of much more than how I enjoyed his eyes.

" enough to make bad decisions?" he breathed incredibly close. I wasn't sure when we had ended up this close on the couch, but the warmth of him was all-consuming. It mixed with the haze from the wine and clouded any rational thought I ever tried to have.

" bad decisions sound perfect."

Milo's hand grazed my hair and settled along my jaw, lacing his fingers in my hair holding me tightly. He looked down at my lips and I forgot how to breathe. My gaze settled on his lips and watched as his tongue slid out to suck in his bottom lip and bite it.

" You smell so good" he whispered so close to me that his lips grazed mine as he spoke. The anticipation was too much. Between the wine and Milo being so close, my mind was swimming in euphoria. His other hand came up and grasped the other side of my face, finally pulling me onto his lips and I moaned at the contact, my eyes fluttering closed. He pulled back, still holding my face, to look at me. I opened my eyes and as soon as they focused on him, I knew I was screwed. I gently fisted his shirt trying to pull him closer and that was all the encouragement that he needed. Milo's lips met mine once again and this time it was hungered and frenzied. His tongue danced against mine eliciting another moan as he kissed me.

" Come here, Elliott," he growled then leaned back into the couch, taking me with him as he guided me into his lap so I was straddling him.

Milo wasted no time tilting his head back to reach my lips, pushing his hand into my hair to pull my face down until his lips Met mine once again. this time, the kiss was slower and more deliberate. His other hand rested on my hip and I felt the urge to move against him. I rolled my hips once and felt his hold on me tighten. His hand left my hair and settled on my other hip while He started kissing down my neck. Milo pulled my hips down and towards him then pushed them back slowly. even though we both had our clothes still on, I could feel his erection through my leggings and heat flooded my body. I wanted more, so much more. The thought of it mixed with his response to me pressing against my core made me ravenous. I grabbed onto his shoulders and tried to slide back and forth to feel more of him but he held my hips tightly in place. I frowned and Milo just smiled and pushed my hair out of my face.

" I have to stop." he cleared his throat and my vision swam, the alcohol was hitting me hard. I frowned again and he just chuckled before standing and pulling me against his chest. I wrapped my legs around his waist and laid my head on his shoulder. I hardly even realized he was taking me to my bed.

I woke the next morning feeling like the night before had been a dream. I couldn't have possibly kissed Milo, could I have? I rolled over and grabbed my phone to check the time. I had an unopened message from Milo. I quickly opened the message and my jaw dropped.

So glad I came over.

It wasn't a dream. I had actually made out with Milo, drunk, on my brother's couch. Oh my god, what was I doing?