fifteen

XV. trouble indeed follows

 trouble indeed follows

━━━━━━━━

It was safe to say her mind had been vacant of any rationality, all of it flooding out of her in an instant. She had become so consumed in the moment she was unsure if her brain had stopped functioning or if she had just blocked out any thoughts. Because she knew, if she did let her mind wander, it would only be filled with the man who was on top of her.

But as Rafe's hand slid up her inner thigh, no matter the case, she could no longer be bothered with such thoughts and once more her mind was a slate wiped clean.

Right now, it was just the two of them, and the constant prickling anxiety and thoughts of Wheezie alone in the hotel room, or the battering thoughts of Ward Cameron that left her alone under no circumstances seemed to dissolve at once.

Her hands which had been placed along either side of his jaw slowly dragged themselves upward and tangled into his hair. She'd never been able to appreciate the new length, until now as her fingers clung onto it, parting them for just a moment as she glanced at his face. It had made him look less snobby, less put together. In a good way, a way that made her instantly pull his face back to hers.

"Claremont." His voice broke seconds later, her last name breathed down onto her own lips that his hovered. There is a sudden irk in her stomach when he doesn't dare speak her first name, as if it will make everything too real.

She disregards the sudden feeling, not really caring. Instead the takes the opportunity of their separated lips to allow her eyes to flicker over his body. She hadn't been sure when his shirt had been removed and tossed the side, but she didn't think much about it. She never denied he was hot, she'd just always been repulsed by his personality. But in a moment like this, she allowed what used to be hidden glances at him shirtless on the beach or in the Cameron house, to become an intense gaze, as she really looked at him.

And it was impossible to deny, that she had been wanting this far longer than she'd ever had thought.

His hand advanced until it reached right between her thighs, slipping two fingers inside her with no hesitation. Sucking in a quick breath of air, she all but gasped at the suddenness. All while her sight did not break away from his. And she noticed, that the cold eyes that usually stared back at her were bloodshot and filled with more emotion that she'd seem him willingly display in weeks.

His free hand gently brushed a few stray strands out of her face, and she couldn't possibly imagine that Rafes large string of hookups all received such care. It was impossible to believe that this was the same Rafe Cameron that she'd always known.

Their noses bumped together as he slowly brought his lips back to hers, but everything had felt different at once. This kiss was different, it wasn't rushed and harsh, full of lust like it had minutes ago. But it was soft and slow, like nothing she'd expected from him. And suddenly he was groaning a somewhat strangled sound that vibrates though her, making her positively delirious.