Chapter 5

Timeline: July 28, 2005

5 days, 5 more days until Draken will die. Hanagaki's mindscapes or visions had become more clearer as August 3rd comes closer. Based on the information he had gathered, the trigger of the battle was Pah's violence or so-called revenge against the leader of Moebius Osanai. His background is still unclear if he shall plead guilty or innocent. And on the night of August 3rd is when Draken will die, and parking lot 2 is where the battle starts. He had also seen Hina with this girl called Emma so they both might be part of this accident, Hina is dear to Hanagaki as his goal determines so. What worries him the most was who got her into the mess, I mean It could be him but what made her so concerned about Emma?

A phone rang in Hanagaki's pocket as he reads the contact info. He greeted her the usual and asked why she called him. "The festival is 5 days from now, and I wanted to ask you if... You want to go with me and Bukie-chan?" Hanagaki knew he couldn't deny it, plus he wouldn't want to waste an opportunity to spend time with Hina and Ibuki, though he still worries about both of them. "Of course, would you want me to come over tomorrow?" Hina replied she was also about to ask the same. "I'll call Bukie later on, to see if she could come over, she said she was handed more paperwork from her part-time job. I wouldn't want to disturb..." Hanagaki and Hina said their goodbyes as she hang-up.

It was currently 4:50 pm so he'd have to get ready for dinner, since he was near to a Market he'll have meat for dinner. He grabbed his coat and hat then ride a bike towards the city lights. It was honestly a long ride than he expected but he still manage to get to the Market. Fortunately, it wasn't crowded which makes it easier to buy items a lot faster. He decided on having Gyudon for dinner so brought Beef meat, ribeye, or chuck that's been shaved extra thin along with miso soup, pickles, potato salad, and gobo (burdock root) salad, natto (fermented soybeans), soft-boiled egg, nori seaweed strips. The ingredients he bought only cost from 50 - 200 yen. Once everything was set to his bike he ride towards his house direction. On the way there, the weather drastic temperature change which actually tells or signs that rain will occur. But even so, he still continued till the rain will pour, but will eventually stop when it gets heavy he can't risk the ingredients getting wet. He rode for about 10 minutes until the rain was pouring heavy and decided to stop by Musashi Temple / Shrine. He waited for another 10 minutes until people with black costumes and writing that says 'Tokyo Manji Gang'  had assembled there. He grabbed his bike and hid just around the corner of the shrine. And as time passed by the rain finally stopped but he'd have to risk going through the middle of the crowd, since... he may not be able to pass around the shrine. 'Guess I'll have dinner late at night...' Hanagaki thought.

"Good day sir!" Everyone in the crowd shouted and bowed as the 7 captains walked in the middle. Hanagaki was trying his best not to be spotted while moving his bike backward. Once he finished hiding it, he hid around the corner listening to the conversation. "Moebius had declared war on Toman, as you all have heard. 3rd Division Captain, COME UPFRONT!!" A guy with blonde undercut hair walked up to the front and bowed with respect. "Pah, can you explain once again what Moebius did..?" Mikey asked making a pause at the last sentence. Pah or Hayashida held tears from his eyes and bit his lip trying to build up words. A minute of silence fell until Hayashida spoke. "They attacked us the night me my and girlfriend were hanging out, they cornered me as they-" He made a pause as his eyes starts to blur due to the tears. "I've heard enough Pah," Mikey said calmly as Peh or Hayashi stepped up. He gently rubbed the crying guy's back as he continue to explain that Moebius also harmed Hayashida's family members the very same night and his girlfriend is currently in a coma. "Her face was full of bruises and her parents are hoping for recovery, though they kinda blame Toman for dragging her up to a gang fight she wasn't supposed to be involved." Hanagaki was upset that a small gang would do harm Hayashida's family like that. If it were to happen to him, we won't be able to imagine being blinded by anger, sadness, and trauma and that's exactly what Hayashida is feeling right now. "Pah do you want revenge?" Mikey asked as everyone turned serious and silence filled the place. "Yes, I want revenge" Hayashida looked up with desperate eyes. Pah-chin is above all a very loyal friend who always supports and stands up for his friends and loved ones. When one of Pah-chin's friends and his girlfriend were brutally assaulted by Moebius, Pah-chin was furious and wanted revenge. Luckily, his defensive instincts kicked in and he managed to hold back, mainly because he was fearful of dragging Toman into a fight where they'd be facing an older and more established gang. His initial displays of aggression were merely an outlet for his frustration over the incident. "Then.., On August 3rd 5 days from now!! The war begins! YOU'RE ALL DISMISSED!!!" The President commands its members as everyone starts to leave the place. Once 10-15 minutes had passed by until the shrine had become quiet, though the captains and vice-captains excluding the 3rd division had yet to take their leave. "So, should we get dinner?" Mikey broke the silence and becomes the childish person he is. Everyone laughed it off as one purple-haired guy reassured Hayashida won't use too much violence and won't cross the path of protection as it may leave to consequences. Mikey replied with a reassuring smile saying he'd protect what's dear to him for it may be the last. Everyone was about to leave when they heard a sudden thud of falling things. Everyone turned their attention to the corner of the shrine.

'Crap... I'm doomed...'  Hanagaki thought as he tried to think of options. He glanced at his bike as a stupid idea came to his mind. You know what they say, "You'll regret the things you won't do"

Mikey and the others are well aware of that noise, it could be a spy or even a traitor. When they were near the corner, there was a flash of light that forced their eyes to look away, the first person to regain their eyesight was Mitsuya as such speed went past them and as water splashed their clothes. The guy was riding a bike, he wasn't able to identify him because of the speed and of course he had a jacket and hat on. 15 seconds later everyone was back on their feet and was able to recover from the flash. Draken grabbed everyone's attention by saying if anyone had seen whoever did that. Mitsuya replied he didn't see the guy's face but he knew, it was a guy, had a black and white bike, and a jacket with a lettering of "TH". Baji tsked his tongue and said he'd find him in no time and beat his ass. Somehow Smiley and Angry otherwise known as Kawata Twins with Smiley being Nahoya and Angry being Souya manage to agree. Mikey then interfered saying everyone should calm down and they should eat dinner. "I'm starving you know!" They cannot turn such an offer and they were all hungry anyway so they can't really fight back for now. 

On the other hand, Hanagaki drove as far Musashi Shrine. He was hungry and very tired with all the speed and force he put in that bike. He'd have to take dinner or else he'd starve. He stopped by a small restaurant, he usually takes Hina out in here so pretty sure the workers know him. He removed his jacket and hung it on his bike, it was wet from the rain so he has to avoid getting sick. He ordered hot ramen and a cup of tea and started eating as he thought of many possibilities they might find him. It was now 8:00 pm and he had to get home early. He hopped on his bike and rode home. By the time he got there, it was already 8:45 pm. He still has some plans tomorrow and a meet-up with Hina and Ibuki. He changed into his comfy clothes and went directly to bed.

Date Written: November 18, 2021

Date Published: November 26, 2021

Written by: Haitani Yagi