Chapter 5: Elevator to Hell

You had been living on the surface for a month now. It has been killing you inside because you understand what the ball meant. Sure, you might not love Dagmar, but you do have a crush on Bean. Right now, you're both sitting in her room and drinking beer. You aren't drunk, but not very sober either. She looked so cute with her buck teeth and she's giggling! You wish you were mortal, so you could die and forget about that girl. Why did you have to be so gay? You don't need to sleep, yet you feel tired. This crush has taken over your life and you fucking hate it. You stand up and turn to Bean.

"Damn you, Tiabeanie," you drunkenly say, "I can't do this anymore!" She looks kind of sad and asks: "What do you mean? Did I do something wrong?"

"No, Bean," you let out a painful laugh, "I fucked up! I fucked up real bad, I can't, I want to break the contract." Bean looks confused. "Umm, well okay, if you want to, but I will miss you," she sighs. You look to the ground. This is the first time you realize that you'll have to leave her. You will have to beacon queen! You grab Bean by the arm and lead her to the staircase.

Once you reach it, you press one of the rocks, and a secret door opens. "This is so cool!" she's glowing. It was a good idea to do this while you're drunk, the alcohol will make it easier to say goodbye. The bell rings and the elevator opens up. "Stupid Kyle finally fixed the elevator," you think to yourself. You and Bean step inside and you press a button. You raise your head and find Bean, looking at you.

"You know, you're one of the best things that ever happened to me," she admits. She looks sad and tries to look away.

"You're one of the best things that happened to me too," you look into her eyes. For a second, you feel your faces getting closer, but the door opens, revealing Dagmar and the trøgs.

"Hello, darlings!" she had a mischievous grin on her face. The trøgs took you by your legs and started leading you somewhere.

"I saw you trying to break the contract, love," she winks at you. Bean eyes you suspiciously: "Are you and my mom, y'know?"

"Never," you deny, but Dagmar is pretty hot. They suddenly stop and you recognize the door of the room you stayed at a month ago.

"Your Majesty will be staying here, as for Bean, give her a bed in the dorms, or something," wow, parent of the year. They untie you but take Bean somewhere else. "Now, I have a question for you," Dagmar says, "would you like to ally Dreamland and Hell?" What did this bitch just say?! "What? How would we even do that?" you're shocked? "I take over Dreamland and you're going to be the queen of Hell someday, we could get married," she proposes.

Any other day, you would have cussed at her and left her and Bean there, but you remember what your mother told you. You are going to be queen. From the perspective of a spoiled princess, you would say no, but from the perspective of a queen, this alliance would be really useful. You never had a problem not marrying for love. It was your duty and you might fall in love with the person you're marrying.

You sigh. "I'll think about it," you say, "wait, you listened to my private conversations with everybody?!"

"Yes, I must say, making my Tiabeanie fall in love with you was genius," she complimented.

"Wait, what?" You were confused. "Even if I did try to, I doubt it would work..." admitting that made you a little sad.

Dagmar chuckled. "Oh, it worked," she confirmed, "every single time I looked in the fire, my daughter was staring at you with lovesick eyes." Could Bean be in love with you?

"Umm, I will think about the offer, Dagmar," you say before running away. You had to be out of there. Was it true? You also had to think about the offer. But Bean's feelings changed everything. If she was in love with you, it might lead to marriage. You mentally slapped yourself. Bitch, you haven't even confessed your feeling, but already thinking about marriage? It might be the alcohol, might be your insanity, but you had a feeling, that you had to confess. You hide behind a corner and follow trøgs to the dorms. You saw hundreds of beds. "This is going to be difficult," you think.

You search for a couple of minutes before you see a pair of black boots. The beds were small because the trøgs were small, and Bean's boots were hanging over the edge. It was kind of cute. You pull Bean by the leg, frightening her.

"Shh, it's okay, it's just me," you calm her. She crawls up to you and leans into your arms.

"I thought I would never see you again," she whispered, "we all know what my mother might do." You run your hand through her light hair. She might be drunk, but you couldn't help but admire her.

"We have to go, Bean," you caress her cheeks with your hands and say, "we have to get to Hell." You pick her up in your muscular hands and carry her to the elevator. You're almost halfway there when Dagmar steps in front.

"So it wasn't a lie," she looks at you, "you did fall for her."

You try to run, but the trøgs have already cornered you.

You frown in disbelief: "Ugh, you too, Trixie?" She nods. You couldn't believe this! You looked at Bean, who was trying to fight off the trøgs. You also saw Dagmar run away somewhere.

You followed her to the edge of the cliff. "Marceline, come with me, we can fly far away and rule the world together," she's reaching out her hand. Well, you've got nothing to lose. You grab her hand and pull her closer to you. You look into her eyes, before placing your lips onto hers. Wow, she's a good kisser! She places her hands on your hips and continues kissing you. She doesn't even notice when she's on the edge of the cliff. While you were making out, you also moved, that she had nowhere to go. "I never loved you, you meant nothing to me, you old bitch," you look at her with anger and spite.

"Marceline, please, don't do this," she begged. You just smiled at her, before pushing her body off the cliff. You looked down. Her screams echoed before eventually, stopping. By this time, Bean had also caught up to you.

"Bean-" you try to say, but she jumps into your arms and kisses you. The kiss was nothing like with Dagmar. It slow and gentle, filled with love. She quickly pulled away and blushed.

"I'm so sorry," she's stuttering, "I don't know why I did that." You just pull her in for a warm embrace.

"It's okay," you whisper.

She asks you: "Do you still have to go back to Hell?"

"Well, since Dagmar is dead, I'm a free woman," you smile at her.

"Will you stay with me?" she's still embracing you.

You look at her: "I'm sorry, but my mother had decided to make me queen. I have to get back, for the demons."

"I could come with you," she offers, "I mean, you once told me that Hell is the place where sin is praised, and I'm already always drunk and gambling, plus, I want to spend my time with you."

"Bean, as much as I would love that, you can't leave your people behind," you explain to her. She looks. Down to her feet.

"Well, will you at least visit me?" she asks.

"Yes, of course!" you confirm.

"Promise?"

"Promise."