Chapter Twenty-Two: It's Raining Men

Friday, 8:07 pm

Her chest heaved against him as she dropped her sweaty forehead onto his shoulder. His hands squeezed her waist, pulling her in even closer - as they could possibly become more intertwined, more connected than they were right now. But still, Grace felt her body stir back to life as she lifted her head and propped an elbow on his shoulder.

"That was just as much fun as you said it was gonna be," she smirked.

Jax's low chuckle rumbled through her car. "Well, I had to right a wrong, but we're not done yet."

"Sure. I mean..." she glanced behind her to check the time on the dashboard, "there's still, what? At least 20 minutes left of the game? That's plenty of time before I need to get back to work."

And that was pretty much all it took to feel him growing harder and deeper inside her yet again.

"I think this was one of the best ideas you've had yet," Grace laughed as he shifted her hips to gently move her off his lap so he could get rid of their used condom and reach for a new one.

He shot her an irritated glance when she rearranged her skirt for the time being, but when his bright blue eyes dropped to her bare legs, a dark smile crept across his face. Yeah, he was going to be ready for round two here pretty damn quickly. They'd exhausted all the surfaces in his house - their house, Jax was quick to remind her - within a day or two, so he'd extended their sexcapades elsewhere, and all she'd needed to do was just follow his lead.

She trusted him to take care of her, and he knew that.

Jax's dorm hadn't been all that interesting to her - although up against the bathroom counter had been particularly fun. But he was also learning right along with her, figuring out what she liked, what she didn't - and it wasn't like there was anything she didn't like, but that adventure, that thrill of trying something new with him for the first time... they chased that together with wild abandon.

With every new idea he had, she was right there with him.

It started last Saturday when they strolled through the grocery store during one of the many short work breaks he'd been making her take. All she'd done was wonder out loud, mostly innocently, about how many people had probably gotten it on in the bathrooms in that place, and a few moments later, she'd found herself pushed up against a wall inside that bathroom - and with plenty of space, too, since it was a single-stall designated for "families." They'd been quick and discreet, and their cart was still waiting for them right where they'd left it when they were done.

After that, it was game on. The park was next. Then up against the side of their garage right in the middle of Sunday cookout. Any parking lot they could find. The movie theater. The roof of the clubhouse. In the garage, one time on the hood of her car, and another time on top of Jax's bike. On top of the washing machine on the spin cycle - that one had really been fun. Inside a dressing room at the mall in Lodi. Last night, Jax must've been feeling a little romantic because he'd laid out a blanket in the backyard and took her gently and sweetly under the stars.

A few hours earlier today, Jax had leaned up against the door of the spare bedroom she'd taken over as her office with a sly grin on his face.

"Hey, princess," he'd smirked. "Question for you."

Grace had glanced up warily from her laptop screen - he was interrupting her from her work, and he knew it. During this last week, she'd systematically worked through another twenty names of her list of Oswald's business associates, but that still left way too many to investigate and way too many stones left to unturn. There were at least 25 names left on her list - and all the ones she'd crossed off by now had either been completely out of the city, or even the state, at the time of Dani's murder or had alibis she'd been able to confirm through social media and just a little bit of hacking.