˗ˋ 04

CHAPTER FOUR

-: fifth year :-

── IN WHICH KARINA REUNITES
WITH HER FRIENDS

. . .

THERE WAS A LOOK OF DISTASTE on Karina's face as she walked alongside Blaise as they crossed the entrance to King's Cross, following behind the Ministry worker than Colette had carefully selected to transport the children of Lucrezia Zabini to the muggle station, whom was now pushing their trunks on their way to Platform 9¾. 

It wasn't that she found muggles disgusting, per se - it was just the way that they treated some of the environment around her that she found ultimately undesirable. There was rubbish crowding in the corners - wrappers, bottles, cigarette butts - grime growing behind it all. They brushed against each other in the surging crowd like it was nothing, merging into one blob of the same muted colour coats. 

There appeared to be little to no individualism, and as much as Karina enjoyed having a little fun with boys at the slightest change of her facial expression, when she saw a group of boys staring after her and certain whistles and noises distinctly coming from them, she decided that she hated Kings Cross and would much rather learn how to Apparate a year early and end up in Hogsmeade, dragging her trunk up to the school if she could just avoid the train station.

But it did appear that she did quite like the journey in itself, and Blaise knew this. Which was why when he noticed the look of odd, uncharacteristic discomfort on her face he edged just a little closer, urging them to walk closer to the Ministry employee escorting them.

Within no time at all they had bypassed the crowds and the muggle boys that seemed so insistent on creating a certain uncomfortable feeling in the pit of her stomach and they made their way through the barrier separating the normal train station with that of the wizarding world, and emerged out onto the platform.

It was buzzing with people, all looking somewhat wary - but the entire population of magic folk in the United Kingdom had been feeling that way since they announced the escape of Sirius Black (the muggles didn't seem so bothered, as though this was everyday news for them), and it only appeared to some who were confident that Black wouldn't be on the magical platform.

She must admit - there wasn't really many places for him to hide, so she understood this confidence. 

"I'll handle the luggage Blaise, you go." Karina informed her younger brother, watching as he noddeed and began his wway towards a particular family of icy-blondes midway down. Once he had left, she turned towards the Ministry worker. "Malcolm, was it?"

"Yes.. ma'am." Malcolm didn't seem to be all that pleased that he was serving two teenagers, as important as they were. 

"See that my brother and I's luggage is put safely on at the end of the train. You're a wizard, you'll know how this goes. If I see any hint of a scratch, mark or stain on this leather then I have no qualms in contacting Minister Fudge. He and my mother are quite close.. have an ongoing letter correspondence that I can very easily add to.. yes?"

"Yes ma'am." Malcolm grumbled, and Karina stood still for a moment, watching his retreating back as he trudged the distance to the very last carriage, which wasn't filled with velvet seats as the many others were, but was instead where their luggage fitted.