1%

🩸
3 months before the Emergence

Makkari's eyes flickered open slightly as she felt soft, pillowly lips against her forehead. Velvety grey sheets covered her body while her arms were wrapped around her partner. The sun was starting to peek through the black curtains, showing that it was morning. Her lips curled up at the corners as she opened her eyes completely to see blonde dreads and creamy dark skin. Ziannia.

The deaf woman smiled at as she pressed her forehead to her collarbone, placing a kiss there in return to show she was awake. Pulling her head away again, she could see Ziannia was looking down at her now.

"Good morning, my love." The blonde dreaded woman said to her softly, not wanting to break the environment around them.

Her voice was raspy from sleep, still very tired, too tried to start the day yet. Feeling the vibrations coming from her as their chests were pressed together, subconsciously pulling each other closer in their sleep to get as close as they could.

"Good morning, Zia." Makkari traced into the gently skin of her partners chest, too tired to even sign right now. "Did you sleep alright last last?"

"I slept a little better tonight, but you are much more interesting to look at." Ziannia purred at her, leaning forward and kissing her lips before pulling away with a light 'smack' sound. No matter how many times she did that, it still darkened Makkari's cheeks.

With that, the speedster pulled the blankets away from her body and swung her legs off the edge of the bed. She started to make her way towards their shared bathroom, Ziannia whining behind her.

"Nooooooo. Come baaack." She drawled out, making grabby hands for her girlfriend.

"I'm going to go take a shower. You coming?" The little mischievous smile on Makkari's face immediately drew her in. Ziannia quickly jumping up from the bed and stalking towards her as she peeled off her sleep shirt. Makkari made a run for the bathroom.

'Oh, she was gonna get it..'

***

After their little rendezvous in the shower, the two of them got ready for the day ahead. While Makkari worked on breakfast, pancakes for herself with assorted berries for herself and oatmeal with a small cut of raw tri-trip on the side for Ziannia, she opened the fridge and ignored the three bags of blood.

Those were for an emergency, like blood withdrawal or she couldn't find any other outlets. 'Outlets' was her term for humans. When they had all met Ziannia, Ajak had made her swear to not drink from humans unless they had done something like kill a person or rape someone. 'No eating good people' had been the leaders exact words.

When she felt small thumps against the tiled floor of someone walking towards her, letting her know that Ziannia had finished getting ready. "Breakfast is done." Makkari signed over her shoulder before picking up the plates and carrying them to their table.

Ziannia kissed her cheek in return, thanking her as she took her plate from her and sat down. And like they had done for years, they both ignored the empty third chair to there right.

🩸