17%

🩸

The three of them stood there for a few seconds before Ziannia's face turned angry, her stepping forward and slapping Druig across the face before rushing off to disappear into their shared bedroom.

The red blotch started to form on his cheek as he rubbed it with the palm of his hand but he couldn't exactly blame her. He had left them alone. For centuries. He was just glad that the two of them still had each other after all this time.

Makkari was still standing near his side, gesturing for him to step into the apartment so she could close the door.

"I deserve that." He said and signed to her.

"Yes, you did."

"So why haven't you hit me yet either?"

"Because I know and have accepted that you did what you did for humanity and that you believed that you should be allowed to end humans suffering from each other. She hasn't. She thinks that you just was waiting for a reason to leave us from how easily you left." Makkari signed, him nodding along with her words as she gave him a small sad smile, "Subconsciously, I think she knows but isn't ready to accept it."

"Thank you, my love."

The woman smiled before stepping in front of him, cupping his cheeks while making sure to take extra care of his injured one, before pressing their foreheads together and then kissing the tip of his nose.

Makkari pointed down the hallway, wordlessly telling him to go talk to their other lover and fix this.

He nodded hesitantly before making his way to find Ziannia.

***

The blood sucking woman was sitting on the edge of their bed, in one hand a sippy cup of cranberry juice, red wine and a tablespoon of type O blood. It was sweeter and paired well with the cranberry favor.

In her other hand was a ring. The circular gem in the middle was special because depending on how it you tilted it, it was black or it was red. Makkari and Druig's cosmic suit colors.

They both had given it to her when they officially asked her to be their partner.

That was almost 3,000 years ago.

She gave a rare smile as she remembered that night. But it snapped back when she heard a deep, Irish laced voice say from the doorway, "You kept it."

She almost scoffed at that, "Of course I did. It'd be silly not to." Ziannia didn't look up at him though, continuing to stare at the ring before taking a small sip of her odd combination drink.

That didn't stop her from hearing him sigh and then start walking towards her, still she didn't lift her head, even when Druig was standing right in front of her.

He knelt down at her feet, making her able to see him past her eyebrows, placing his large hands on her parted thighs.

Before he could place his chin on one of her knees, one of her legs lifted to press the bottom of her heel to her forehead, pushing it back so they were finally making eye contact.

Her dark eyes had a small tinge of red but that could have been from her concoction.

"Eating me out isn't going to make me forgive you every time." Her voice was laced with venom, lighter though than when she was normally angry.

"I wasn't going to. I am simply kneeling before one of my queens and asking for forgiveness."

She said nothing but did move her foot away from his forehead, silently giving him permission to continue.

"I'm sorry I left you and Makkari in Tenochtitlan. I just needed to stop the fighting and wasn't thinking clearly. I didn't know if you two would come with me-"

"Of course we would have come with you! You just didn't give us that option." She interrupted, her voice raising a little with the first part but that didn't deter him.

"But I knew you two would have together. And that's all I wanted. For you not to be alone again." He finished what he was saying.

Ziannia's eyes widened and the angry red hue in her eyes disappeared. He didn't want her to be alone.. He didn't want to leave them, but his ethics forced him too.

She didn't say anything for a few moments, scaring him on the inside and making him think the worst but she soon spoke again.

"I'm still very angry with you."

He only nodded, "That's understandable."

"And you will have to make it up to both me and Makkari."

"Anything, my love."

"Well..." Ziannia started, "You can start by spending the rest of your eternal family with me and Makkari until the day we don't die."

Druig let out a chuckle, dropping his head for a second on her knee at that cheeky grin she had on. He lifted his head back up and smiled back to say, "I was already planning on it."

The door beside them creaked slightly and they both saw Makkari standing in the doorway, arms crossed with a more than pleased smile on her face that the three of them were together again.

"Now kiss and make up." She demanded, causing her partners to laugh before doing as she said.

🩸