Chapter 1

--

Niall's Pov

It's almost been three months since I've lost my vision, and now it's the first day of college. How time flies by, huh? For the past months I've been walking up and down the stairs memorizing the halls, the buildings, and of course- the cafeteria. I've also been doing well recognizing voices, as well as smelling the different types of food. I know I wasn't supposed to train my sense of smell, but how else could I know what my mum was making me every night?

"Niall honey, it's time for school!" My mum informs me. I also mastered the braille, thank heavens. I thought I would never learn it.

I grab Casper. (Yes I named my walking stick Casper) And tap my way to the closet. My mum organizes my clothes in sets, that way I don't have to guess what's what. But it's not like I care what I wear in the morning, I can't see it. So why should I dress fancy on my first day? Well that's simple, because my mum is forcing me to. She's been paranoid about the whole going back to school thing while being blind. I've dealt with four bullies at once, I can take care of a little sight loss.

"Coming mum." I put on the set my mum has sorted out in the closet and walk downstairs carefully. I reach the kitchen, taping my way there. I take a wiff and instantly recognize it. "Mm, pancakes I see?" I guess.

"Ha, yes you're right. You've certainly gotten better at the whole smelling your foods." My mum congratulates me. I feel her smile on me, but I don't return it. I nod and eat it as normal.

It takes me five minutes to finish my breakfast, then Greg drops me off at my university. The university is ten minutes away from my home, so I could practically walk there if I wanted to. But that won't ever happen, my mum is to terrified of me walking by myself. I am to, I wouldn't want to walk home by myself either, what if a weirdo comes and rapes me? I may be blind, but I know damn well I'm not the ugliest guy in the world.

"Can you ever forgive me one day Niall?" Greg breaks my thoughts, as he pulls up in front of the college.

"Greg, you and I both know the answer to that question." I respond with a sigh as I try heading out. He grabs onto my arm and begs. "Please Niall it's killing me! I said I was sorry, what more do you want?" Greg states childishly.

"What more do I want? I want my damn vision back, that's what I want!" I shout and close the door on him. I start tapping my way to the school, I'm at the front, which means I need to walk up the stairs. They aren't tall or anything, just about three to four steps that's all. As I'm walking, I remember I have Composition right now. Which means I need to head to the Student Learning Center.

Great.

As I'm walking I hear gasps, and muttering of sorrows towards me. I don't need their sympathy, what I want is empathy. But what are the odds of that happening huh?

I reach a door, and slide my finger across. Perfect. Room 318, Composition. I fumble the door knob and enter the classroom. I can feel eyes on me, but I ignore it and head for a seat. I memorized the seating arrangement, so I head for the seat near the window. I tap my way there and just as I'm about to sit, some one clears their throat.

"Some one is sitting here." A deep voice said, almost like I recognize it... No, no it can't be him.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know, forgive me." I quickly said.

"No no, it's fine. Here you can sit here, I'll just sit some where else." The voice said again. Damn it, one thing I hate about being blind is I can't tell who it is! And who knows if their voices have changed over time.

"Thank you sir." I say politely and have a seat. I hear more mumblings and mutterings, circulating around and it starts to annoy me. They act like they've never seen a blind person before, I'm blind yes I know. You don't need to rub it in my face.