Chapter 11

A/N: I think I might go back to 1st POV because it seems easier to me now.

--

Niall and Zayn lay on the bed, enjoying the peace and quiet- for the most part. Niall still quite excited that his operation begins in two days, he'd finally get to see again. The idea of gaining back what was taken from him long ago suddenly makes him very joyful. In fact he was so happy he started shaking, unaware that Zayn was giving him a weird look as to why Niall was all of sudden active.

Nonetheless, Niall still had to figure out a way to dispatch himself from the rest of the group. However it seemed he'd still need to use one of them to drive him to the clinic, he can't drive yet. He groaned to himself, I need to trick one of them to drive me there. It wasn't much of a challenge, he still has Zayn wrapped around his little finger. He was certain a little white lie could easily make Zayn do as he was told. 

He felt guilty for using Zayn in such an ugly way, he couldn't lie about that. But Niall was one to hold onto the past and use it for his favor. Zayn used to torture Niall, so why not do the same to Zayn for the time being? Besides, Zayn has been doing a pretty fair job of trying to befriend Niall. 

And it makes Niall weak.

"You alright there?" 

Niall snapped out of his thoughts and smiled to himself. "Yeah, I was just thinking about something." 

"Or someone?" Zayn tried, Niall quickly following up on what he was attempting to do. Even though Zayn knows he sometimes annoys Niall, he doesn't mind throwing around little witty comments every now and then to brighten up the mood. 

"And who you would have in mind?" Niall played along, mentally laughing at his comment.

Zayn growled, "You know who I'm talking about." He said with annoyance in his voice, he hated when Niall had a smart mouth. Every time he gave it a go to try and flirt with Niall, he always seems to question everything or dodge it. "Don't play dumb with me Horan."

"Fine..." Niall said seriously this time, earning a sigh of relief from the older boy. "Liam is kinda hot now that I think about it." 

Zayn stayed quiet for a bit registering what Niall had just said. "I hate you." He pouted, letting go of Niall as his punishment.

Niall laughed at him, enjoying these moments where he would upset Zayn because he was actually really easy to annoy. He would ask Niall the littlest of things, like what his favorite color was, or what he enjoyed eating, and even his favorite artists. Sadly for Zayn, Niall gave a real response but would avoid the question or answer it that he knew for sure would tick Zayn off.

"You were the one butting into my thoughts, I was just giving you a sincere answer." Niall said with innocence in his voice, making Zayn want to punch himself in the face.

"Don't do that." 

"Do what?" Niall spoke with confusion in his voice. 

Zayn groaned, "Don't do that little voice you always use on me." 

Niall tilted his head, what voice? 

And then something snapped, "Zaynie." Niall used his innocent voice again, with a hint of Irish.

"No stop, don't do that." Zayn covered his ears, earning a smirk from Niall. Zayn was too easy, I thought he was the bad boy at the school? I guess you shouldn't judge a book by its cover after all. 

"I don't understand how my voice makes you cringe." Niall chuckled. 

Zayn turned around, wrapping his arms around Niall's thin waist again. "I doens't make me cringe..." He started off, running his nose through Niall's hair. Gently placing his hand into Niall's- well trying until Niall pulled away very slow. Zayn smiled at first, but quickly faded when he remembered what he was going to say, "It makes me want you." Zayn articulated, Niall sensing the hunger within Zayn.