Chapter 3

--

Niall's Pov

It's been three days since I started life at Sky Tech University. Because of my condition, I've actually been given a dorm room on campus. How great is that?! Well, I can't see the dorm room itself. But at least Greg doesn't have to drive me to my lectures, or read my books anymore. I can easily go to the library and ask the tutor to help me with my homework.

I also changed my history class professor, he was being a total ass towards me.

So now I have:

Composition -Mr. Wright (Monday/Wednesday)

Biology - Mrs. Flail (Monday/Wednesday)

History - Mr. Flores (Tuesday/Thursday)

Music - Ms. Zaira (Tuesday/Thursday)

That means I have Friday's off, yes! My schedule is perfect! Well I have Liam, Louis, and Harry in my classes. But the teachers have been informed that they use to bully me back in high school, so I'm all good.

I walk down the silent hallways looking for dorm room, I hope I room with someone who has the decency to respect my condition. And someone who's nice and clean, I don't want a dirty pig either. Jesus, I never realized how annoying it was to look for a room when you're blind, sliding my finger across the braille to identify my dorm is quite hard. My dorm room is 318. 

I slide my finger across another braille, which so happens to be like the fiftieth one so far. Room-- 318!! I cheer happily and do a little dance, not caring if somebody saw me. I'm blind, who cares; I'm not scared of expressing my feelings anymore.

I turn the door knob and introduce myself, "H-Hi, I'm your new dorm mate. Sorry for the late arrival." 

Silence.

Odd, I guess they're not here yet. But the counselor said he'd be in here, he recently kicked out his room mate, so I just so happen to fill it up. "Hello? I'm sorry if you're shy, I just need to know where I'm going to sleep." I apologize.

He didn't talk, so I got annoyed and tapped my way to a bed, I found one and starting to sit down. Until I heard a groan, shit I sat on him! I quickly got off and frantically apologized, "I-I'm sorry! Don't hurt me, I didn't mean to!" I ran to the other bed in fear. I don't know who it is, for all I know it could be an assassin I'm rooming with.

"Niall?" A sleep voice calls me, who I recognize.

"Z-Zayn?" I ask slowly.

He doesn't respond, but I hear him shift uncomfortably. "I should ask for another dorm room." I declare, standing up. Zayn rushed over to me and placed his hands onto my shoulders, settling me back down into the bed.

"No Niall. I won't allow you to leave." Zayn states firmly.

"Oh Yeah? And what are you going to do about it? You practically ruined my life! I wouldn't be surprised if you ruined my vision either." I whispered the last part.

"Niall I said I was sorry, what more do you want?" He begged.

I placed my finger to lip and thought. "To get the hell away from me!" 

"Niall please!" 

"Zayn I'm serious, I'm moving out first thing in the morning." I argued.

"Please, I won't bother you. I won't even talk to you while you're here, just don't leave this dorm. You'll get hurt, like the other day!" Zayn reminded me.

I cringed and remembered the whole scenario like it just happened five minutes. I took into consideration what he told me and agreed with a sigh. "Fine I'll stay here. But leave me alone, I can't ever trust you, not after what you did to me..." A tear leaves my eye. I guess he noticed it because I felt his thumb brush my cheek, which I swatted away quickly.

He sighed and went back onto his bed in silence. I started to unpack my clothes in the nearby drawers. "What's that?" Zayn asked suddenly. I didn't know what he was talking about, but I assumed it was my lantern I brought with me.

"That's a lantern I turn on at night, or in day time when I want to see someone. The darkness and the light of the candle allows me to see shadows. So I'll be able to see where you are at night, if the lantern is lit up." I explain slowly. 

He doesn't respond, but I assume he nodded. I sigh and unpack the rest of my belongings, I enter the bathroom which I found rather hard to locate; and placed my shampoos and soap into it's proper location. Okay that seems just about right.

I start to sit down on my bed when my stomach starts to grumble. Damn it.... Well it's only eight o'clock right now. And my class doesn't start till nine-thirty, so I have plenty of time to get some breakfast! I stand up and start to make my way to the the door. I was walking out until someone snatched my walking stick. 

"Oi!" I exclaim, "I need that!"

"Where are you going?" Zayn asked worriedly. I was starting to get impatient with him, why does he have to know where I'm going? Does he actually care, or he is trying to get close to me again and then spill all my secrets all over! 

"I'm going to get breakfast, now give me back my walking stick." I demanded, stomping my foot.

He sighed and gave me my walking stick back. I huffed and continued my mission to get some food into my stomach. I walked downstairs, and tapped my way to the cafeteria. I hope they have different variety of foods, the last thing I need is biscuits with just Orange juice. I enter the cafeteria and held onto a railing that was next to the cafeteria line. "Umm, what do you have to eat?" I asked curiously to a cafeterian who I assumed was there.

"Oh sweetie, we have biscuits, croissants, orange juice, pancakes, hash browns, fries, breakfast tacos, and other things! What would you like?" She asks kindly.

After about three minutes of debating what I should eat I finally decided on pancakes, a hash brown, some apple juice, with a side of carrots. Maybe one of these carrots with miraculously give back my vision! She gives me my food and I slowly walk to a random table, hoping nobody was sitting there. Boy was I wrong.

"Umm, is anybody sitting here?" I ask out of the blue, as I set my tray down. I heard some whispering being shuffled among the group, probably not wanting to say anything. "It's okay, I can go move some where else." I sighed with a frown.

"No no, it's fine. You can sit with us." A voice suddenly assured.

"L-Liam?" I stuttered.

"Y-yeah..." He responded slowly.

I hummed in understanding, and quickly picked up my tray and sat some where else. There is no way in hell I'm sitting next to that douche bag! I started to eat my food when I was disrupted, I felt another body sit next to me. "H-hello?" 

"Hey Niall." Zayn greeted, unfortunately. I groaned in annoyance by his presence, I have him as a dorm mate, what more could he want? My acceptance for his apology? Yeah right.

"What do you want Zayn." I said, slightly agitated with a sigh.

"I just wanted to sit next to you, you seemed... alone." Zayn said nonchalantly.

I ate a little bit faster just to get away from him. He's such a weirdo, first he leads me on and breaks my heart. Now he wants to pretend nothing happened? Sorry Zayn, but I'm not having that.

I got up and went to go throw my trash away. Thankfully the trash bin doesn't have legs, otherwise I'd be here all day guessing where the trash can is at. "Where are you going now Niall?" Zayn said with a groan. Why is he annoyed, I should be the one annoyed?

"To class, my first class starts at nine-thirty. I'll be back by eleven-thirty, I only have two classes today." I said curtly and made my way to class. Ignoring Zayn's concerned words.

--