Chapter 5

--

"Okay Z-Zayn s-stop!" Niall dies of laughter as Zayn tickles him to death. After music class, Zayn convinced him to go talk to Liam. He said he needed more friends, so Zayn thought he should make up with Liam first. Considering Liam is the most "sensible" one out of Zayn's clique. 

Zayn stops tickling Niall, and heads back to his bed. Niall sticks out his tongue, not caring if Zayn was looking or not, then he went into the closet and chose out a clothes set that Zayn organized for him. He felt the need to give Niall a decent style while he's blind, he wouldn't want Niall walking around looking like a complete fool. The last thing he wanted was for his little leprechaun to cry and sob again, that'll only break his heart. 

"Zayn choose something for me!" Niall's angelic voice called from inside their closet. Zayn chuckled and helped him choose a set of clothes. He felt mischievous, so he gave Niall, Zayn's clothes instead. After ten minutes of shuffling and changing, Niall ended up wearing Zayn's Obey shirt, his super skinny black jeans, white supras, and a "Ziall" snap back. The Ziall snap back was a bonus for Zayn, knowing Niall doesn't know what kind of snap back he was wearing. But he was pretty sure of himself that Niall wouldn't care. He's to carefree and happy, he'll probably laugh it off and find a way for revenge. But for the time being, he just wanted Niall to look presentable.

"How do I look?" Niall asks, doing a little twirl. 

Zayn finds this cute and laughs, "You look amazing Niall." 

Niall blushes and nods, God why does Zayn have to make Niall feel this way? Niall hasn't even seen his face, and yet his voice alone makes him Blush. Niall always knew he had a crush on Zayn, but could Zayn return the feelings...? No, no of course not, he's straight! Why would he want to date Niall, he's blind, probably pale looking, and socially awkward to say the least. What would he find interesting in Niall? He stopped putting himself down and looked at the positives, Zayn was his friend, he'd be there for him through anything wouldn't he? Zayn never really promised he'd protect and care for Niall, but for Niall's sake. We'll pretend he said those exact words.

"Thanks! So he'll be in the court yard correct?" 

"Yes Nialler, for the eleventh time. He's going to be in the court yard." Zayn rolls his eyes and escorts Niall out of their room. "Now you be careful, I don't want you getting hurt!" Zayn shouted at Niall as he started to walk down the hall.

Niall laughed, sometimes Zayn could be so overprotective, almost like a second father. But he didn't want to think Zayn as his father, in fact he always lingered in the back of his mind, what it would feel like to date his newest best friend. Niall knew it wouldn't happen, and yet he always fathomed the thought, maybe one day Zayn will be his. Who knows?

"Yes dad, I'll be back before seven!" Niall joked, and he could have sworn he heard Zayn yell a "Love you!" But he could be hearing things.

He tapped his way out of the dorms and headed for the court yard. Thankfully for Niall, he managed to fully memorize the entire college, an achievement which Niall likes to congratulate himself with. He walked a bit more, then he started to feel really nervous, what if Liam was the same bully he was in high school? He shook his head, nonsense Niall... Liam couldn't be the same person he was back in high school, he's more mature and understanding is he not? Of course he is! Why would he even put down Zayn's best friend, I mean, they did have Music class together?

He managed to reach the court yard in one piece and sat down on the bench. Zayn promised him that Liam would find him in the court yard, if it were the other way around; Niall was sure he'd be there all day tapping his way towards Liam. However, Liam isn't cruel, so he would search for Niall in the court yard, to discuss future friendships.