A Serious Situation (11-22-21)

I'm gay now let's slay.

THis shit is just practice ya know. LIKke to get the fucking shit flowing ya know. Do I make myself perfectly queer? (slay.) This one however is particularly cringe.

Writing Prompts: 

All from a post @nightprompts made on Tumblr!!!

(1) "You left like I was never a reason to stay." 

(2) "Am I supposed to just let you go?"

(3) "You know me better than I know myself."

Song Prompt:

Bon Iver: Roslyn (slowed and reverb) 

Title:

'A Serious Situation'

(15 Minute Time Limit)

I should've known that the pounding on my door at 2 AM could mean nothing good. I pulled it open, and at the sight of him sopping wet from the pouring rain and sleet, the disorient and sleep was knocked out of me. 

"Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino?" 

He tried to step in, and I guess from muscle memory, I let him. And then the shock wore off. What was he doing here--in my apartment--the one he stormed out of three nights ago after he'd shouted that our three-year-relationship wasn't what he wanted anymore? He pushed through to the living room, his shoes sloshing with each step, before he turned around to face me. 

"I was wrong, Bon-Bon." His voice was hoarse. Had he cried as much as me; had he succumbed to intrusive thoughts and fought them back by enabling a distraction that had long since been begging for attention? 

I shook my head as soon as he took a hesitant step towards me. Did he think that would suffice as an apology for throwing everything we had away? He'd never given me a reason to believe we wouldn't last forever, and now that he had, he wanted to go back to the way we were before.

"You left, The Situation, you left me like I was nothing; you left me like I was never a reason to stay. How is that supposed to make me feel?"

He reached for my wrists, desperation in his tear-filled eyes, enough rain and regret dripping from him to fill a pool. Only three nights ago, the hatred radiating from him was palpable. What had changed? Had his endeavor rejected him as soon as he was free from his prison?

"I was stupid and confused, and I didn't see..." He stepped closer, and I let him, "what was standing right in front of me, yo."

"The other girl stepped into your peripherals at the last minute, I assume?" 

He shook his head, and shock beamed from behind his corneas. I could see the question in his thoughts, 'Yo wait, this chick actually smart'? This could be a bad situation.' I wondered if he could read mine, 'Well, I do beg your pardon but could you have made it more obvious?' 

He was a coward though. He couldn't admit it. He never could be honest and talk, not three nights ago and not even now. But this time his abs and monster cock weren't going to get him out of trouble. I deserved better than the situation The Situation had put me in. He frowned in shock. He wasn't used to this.

"What--what are you talking about?" He cupped my cheeks--an attempt at shielding us from the truth he was accustomed to hiding from and protecting us from the pain of its reveal--but his touch scorched my skin and left me more wounded than any ailment I'd ever faced.