Press Charges

Kelly's neighbors had called the police when they saw the two fighting. An all black dodge ram pulled up, lights flashing. 3 people got out of the truck. That's when I realized it was Jay, Erin, and Adam from intelligence. I had met them when Casey and Voight tried to ruin Matt's career. The guys went and pulled the two apart while Erin stood in the middle. 

"Kelly what the hell is going on?!" Erin screamed at him.

"He's abusing Taylor, Erin!" If this had been a cartoon Kelly would have smoke coming out his ears.

"She's lying!" Scott screamed trying to wiggle out of Jay's hold on him.

Kelly did his best to ignore Scott and tell Erin what was happening. "Then he shows up here drunk off his ass. He tried to make Taylor go with him."

Erin sighed. "Ruzek, you can let go of Kelly." Adam let's Kelly go. "who threw the first punch?"

"I pushed him backwards and then he knocked me right in my jaw." You could already see the bruise forming on Kellys cheek.

Erin sighed. She knew since Kelly laid hands first he is the one who started the fight. Erin turns around to see Scott had stopped struggling. "Jay I think we are good."

Jay let's Scott go. "I want to press charges!" Scott screamed as he tried to keep his balance.

Erin turned back to Kelly and looked sad. "Kelly I'm sorry about this. Please put your hands behind your back." Kelly didn't fight, he did as Erin asked.

I for one wasn't going to let this happen. "No!! Scott is the one who came over here drunk. I left him today and he's pissed! This is not Kellys fault!" I could feel the hot tears streaming down my face.

"Kat I'm sorry but I don't have a choice." Erin looked like she genuinely cared and didn't want to arrest Kelly.

I looked between Scott and Kelly. My eyes pleading with Scott to not press charges. "Scott please don't do this!"

"He did it to himself Taylor!" Scott then got this devilish grin on his face. "I'll drop the charges on one condition."

"What?"

"Come home with me and I'll drop the charges." I wanted to smack that smirk off of his face.

"No! Taylor don't do it!" I could hear Kelly yelling at mr but I was staring at Scott debating what to do.

I gave Kelly one last look and mouthed I'm sorry. "Fine Scott. I'll go home with you. Just let me grab my bag."

"Alright. I'll drop the charges." Erin unhooked Kellys cuffs.

"You bastard!" I heard Kelly screaming all kinds of things at Scott while I went inside to get my bag. I grabbed my purse off the counter and stopped and looked at the living room.

Just a few hours ago we were a real family. It had been the happiest moment I had in a very long time. I wiped away the tears that were falling from my eyes. I'm the one who ruined what could have been. I left Kelly and now I have to live with my choices.

I headed back outside where Kelly was still yelling at Scott. Jay and Adam were both trying to keep Kelly from attacking Scott again.

Kelly then looked over and saw I was coming out the door. "Taylor don't do this! I'll take the charges I don't care. I just want you away from him!" I could see tears in Kellys eyes and his face was begging me too stay.

I knew if Kelly had an assault charge on his record, there was a good chance he would lose his job. I couldn't sit by and let that happen. I didn't want Michael to have to see his dad behind plexiglass.

I gave one final look at Kelly and smiled. I then headed towards Scott, dropping the smile I had just a minute ago.

"Ready to go baby?" Scott was enjoying this way to much. I wish I could smack that smirk right off his face. But instead I put on a fake smile.

"Yes but I'm driving. You've been drinking." I held out my hand and he pulled out his keys and dropped them in my hand.

We then climbed into his car and I drove us back to his place.

***

No Ones POV

Kelly watched as Taylor drove away with Scott, just to get him to drop the charges. "Erin we have to go after them!"

"Kelly I'm sorry but until she presses charges we can't do anything." Erin squeezed Kellys shoulder trying to comfort him.

"Scott Nichols has friends in high places. Anytime he or someone in his family has been arrested they are set free."

"I don't care who he is Jay! Does not mean he gets to hit Taylor!"

"We will do what we can Kelly. But until she makes a formal complaint there is nothing we can do. I'm sorry." Jay, Adam, Erin headed back to their truck and took off.

Leaving Kelly standing in his front yard. He wished Taylor would of let Scott press charges, at least then he would know she was safe. Kelly headed back inside and tried to get some sleep. But it was no use. He was worried about Taylor.

In the quiet room Kelly whispered "I will get you away from him. I promise."