Comeback

Taylor's POV

The drive back to Scott's apartment was awkward and quiet. I needed to start planning my escape.  Tonight proved that too me.

We reached Scott's apartment and I parked his car in his assigned spot. I went to get out of the car but he grabbed a hold of my wrist. I wince as his grip tightens. "You ever do that again Taylor and I will kill you. I promise you that." His face was stone cold and serious.

I knew I had to do everything I could to keep him calm. "I'm sorry babe. I shouldn't of left you. I love you." Scott let go of my wrist and got out of the car.

My wrist was red and probably going to have a bruise on it later. I stepped out of Scott's car and followed him inside to his apartment. I lay his keys in the bowl near the door.

Scott heads for the kitchen and grabs a beer.  "Don't you think you've had enough?" I instantly regretted asking him that question right now.

"I'll drink as much as I want to!" Scott yelled at me sending beer flying out of his mouth. Scott leaned against the counter and drank his beer.

I become very awkward and shy afraid to ask about getting my car. I took a deep breath and asked. "Tomorrow we will need to retrieve my car."

"Maybe." Scott downed his beer and grabbed another one. "Let's go to bed."

I wasn't going to argue with him about getting my car, right now wasn't the time. I followed him to his bedroom to lay down. When Scott was in the bathroom I shot a quick text off to Kelly.

Taylor: I am so sorry for everything Kelly. All of this is my fault. Please don't worry about me. I'll figure something out.

Scott came out of the bathroom and laid down. I laid my phone face down on the nightstand table. That night I slept with one eye open. Worried that Scott might lash out.

***

The next morning Scott and me got up and made breakfast like we usually do. But today was different. There was no conversation, no flirting, or even eye contact.

Once we were both done eating I gathered our plates and placed them in the sink. I turn around to face Scott who now had his laptop open.

I took a very shaky breath and moved closer to him. "Scott, can we go get my car please?"

"Yeah let me finish this emailed."

"Alright thank you. I'm gonna go get dressed." Scott nodded his head and I went back to the bedroom to change. I pulled a pair of dark blue jeans, and a simple black v-neck shirt.

Once I am dressed I sit on the edge of Scott's bed and grabbed my phone. I had a text from Kelly.

Kelly: Taylor do not apologize. Scott is an ass. I would of gladly taken that charge. I wish you would of let me but I understand why you didn't. I will always worry about you. You are Michael's mother.

"Taylor let's go!" I quickly shoved my phone in my jeans pocket. I wiped away the few tears I had shed and headed out to the living room.

"I'm ready." I follow Scott out of the apartment and we head down to his car. We climb in and Scott starts the engine.

He begins to feel his pockets but can't find whatever he was looking for. "I forgot my wallet be right back." Scott got of the car and headed back inside.

I quickly pulled my phone out to text Kelly.

Taylor: Meet me at the coffee shop. Heading over to get my car.

Kelly: My dad is taking Michael to go look at boats. I'll be there.

I put my phone away and a few minutes later Scott emerges from the apartment. He climbs back into the car and we head back to Kelly's.

Scott pulls up next to my car and lets me know he has an errand to run. "I have to run to my dad's office. But I'll be home later."

"Alright." The kiss we shared didn't have any feeling. There was no fireworks or jolts through my body. Instead I felt disgusted.

I climb out of Scott's car and close the door. He takes off down the road and I climb into my car. I send a quick text to Kelly and then head off.

Taylor: Got my car. Be there soon.

***

I park my car along the curb and stare at the coffee shop sign. The last time I was here Kelly and I were discussing custody plans. I spot Kellys car and decided to head inside.

I entered the coffee shop, it feels so warm and inviting and the smell was wonderful. I spot Kelly sitting at one of the tables. I walk over and Kelly stands up to greet me. We share a hug, and this hug alone felt like home. Scott's affection felt forced and no passion.

"I hope you still drink the same thing." Kelly slides a coffee cup across the table.

"I do. Thank you." I took a sip of my drink. "I'm surprised you remembered."

"I remember everything about you Tay." Ugh and there's that Kelly Severide charm that swept me off my feet in high school. I could feel my cheeks turning a light pink.

We sit in comfortable silence staring at one another. Now was as good of time as any to talk about last night. "I'm so sorry about last night. I don't even know how he found me. Since he never went with me when I dropped Michael off too you."

"I don't know either."

I could tell there was something on Kelly's mind. He was swirling his cup in his hand. "Kel what's wrong?"

Kelly placed his coffee cup down on the table and looked me dead in the eye. "Can we be completely open and honest with each other?"

I raised an eyebrow as I was confused. I thought we were always completely open and honest with each other. "Of course."

Kelly took a drink of his coffee and then sucked in a sharp breath. "This is not how any of this should have gone. Scott should of never been in the picture. It was suppose to be you and me forever. But now we are here and I can't get my heartbroken again by you Tay. I love you, Taylor. Always have. Always will. I want you back. Shay was right when she said there was still something there. I felt it last night and I know you felt it too. Please Taylor comeback to me."

I sat there in complete shock. Trying to gather my thoughts as how to