Maybe I'm Too Emotional

"Wonho Hyung is coming tonight."

"Yeah? Okay, cool. What about it?"

"It doesn't bother you?"

"Why would it? He moved on. I moved on too. Good for him."

Obviously, he hasn't moved on. Just yesterday, as Kihyun opened the door to his room to take the laundry, he found the boy crying on his bed while eating ice cream and listening to that terrible romance drama. There was only so much "Oppa, saranghaeyo!" that Hyungwon was usually able to withstand unless he was heartbroken. Yet, Kihyun decided to preserve the pride of the boy. Whatever he wanted to believe.

"...Yeah, right…"

"No, but I mean, he's a good guy, and he has a new car and his career is starting to take off, why wouldn't I be happy for him? We were together for what, 5 years? I respect him. Things end, it's life, right? I'm okay. I'm happy for him. He looks happy and healthy, which is great, plus he's a friend of yours."

"...And you?"

"And me too, obviously, but like...Things will always be a little weird, we broke up not too long ago, and it'll get better with time! No bad blood, really."

Kihyun wanted to say that they broke up almost two years ago, that Hoseok had a new girl, and that there was indeed a fucking weird ambiance every time both boys were together. Probably because of Hyungwon's feelings; which the guy was keen on denying. So yeah, whatever he liked to tell himself, the singer wasn't about to start a full-on debate on something he knew Hyungwon would deny until his death. Really, at this point, the main vocalist's occupation was to nod solemnly and act as he believed him.

"Yeah, I see...Uhm, I'll go...Do the dinner, okay? Talk to you later, Hyungwonnie!" 

After this, Kihyun escaped the room with an awkward smile that the visual didn't even bother to truly look at. With his elbows on the edge of the window, he was too busy looking at the outside of their lawn. It wasn't like there was anything too distracting there, absolutely not, but it was the best place to stare at when he was being lost in his thoughts at this point.

He was just tired. Nothing more. Knowing that Hoseok was coming to have dinner in an hour or so didn't bother him at all. Of course not, why would it? Why would he be bothered by it? After all, he was moved on. Had been for a long time. It had been two years, and he wasn't that desperate! And Hoseok had moved on so fast, had gotten a new girl like three weeks after their breakups. It had been just like Hyungwon never existed; he had been the only guy Wonho loved, or that's what he said, and seemed like he was back to heterosexuality. He was straight, after all. A straight guy who did an exception once, and that was alright! It would be weak as fuck if the visual was still there crying over Hoseok on the floor bathroom in the dead of the night. Everything was fine, after all, wasn't it? Ahah, he would never do something like that.

Indeed, Hyungwon liked to lie to himself.