Ch.9

*Rose's POV*
I see Daniel's face shift slightly as he buttons up his jeans. "My love, say something" I say softly, my anxiety running wild.

"Are you sure we're ready? I mean, we're in a shit storm right now"

"It doesn't matter, honey. We have to be ready. We've got about 34 weeks, give or take, to prepare before the baby comes" I say softly and rub his arm. He nods his head as he chews on his lip nervously.

"Baby. You'll be ready. You're already so amazing with Adeline. The baby will just be smaller and most likely look like you" I assure him.

Daniel smiles be highly. "You're right baby. They will just be smaller than her" he agrees, placing his hands on my hips gently.

"I love you, Daniel" I mumble against his neck.

"I love you too, Rosamie" he replies with a grin. I walk out of the bedroom and walk into Adah's. She grins up at me from her crib and squeals as I pick her up. I carefully change her from her footed sleeper and into a cute dress with matching 'panties' under it. Adah starts to giggle, her eyes focused on someone behind me. I turn and look over my shoulder, smiling as I see Honda.

Hondo tickles Adeline's side, then picks her up carefully, gently holding her leg so that I can put on her shoes, doing the same with her other foot afterwards. Adeline gives him kisses while grinning.

"She loves you so much" I say softly.

"Good, because I love her too" he says while kissing all over her face. We walk downstairs heating up some microwaveable sausage biscuits. After we've all eaten I pack up some peanut butter sandwiches, bananas, and granola then I grab my large yeti and put some ice and water in it.

"We can have a picnic in the park after we leave the aquarium? Or the zoo?" I offer. Adeline squeals, pulling on Hondo's beard. He nods his head with a smile.

"Yeah, I'd love that maybe we can invite Deacon, Yvette and Adelaide?" He suggests. I nod and send a quick text to Yvette, soon getting a text back from Yvette agreeing as they'd wanted to take Adelaide out today too.

I make more sandwiches and pack more bananas and granola into the big lunch bag, texting back that they'd just have to bring their drinks. Charice walks downstairs and smiles at us. Adeline squeals again as she sees her, grabbing for her.

Charice grabs her and gives her a kiss. "Are you doing anything today? If not you can come to the zoo with us. We're meeting Deacon, Yvette and Adelaide there. The Los Angeles one is closed for remodeling or something like that so we're going to the San Diego one most likely" I offer.

"No, thank you. I've made plans with one of my friends. You guys go, have fun" Charice smiles at her.

"Is this 'friend' a man?" Daniel asks protectively.

"That's none of your concern, Daniel. I'll be fine" she giggles and pats his cheek. He scoffs quietly and rolls his eyes while mumbling a 'mhm'

"She will be fine, honey. Come on. We have a 2 hour drive" I say and kiss his cheek, grabbing the diaper bag and lunch bag. I hug Charice then walk out with him. He gets Adeline buckled in as I get the bags safely placed in the floorboard of my Chevy Suburban. Once we're all settled in and buckled Hondo starts the car and carefully pulls out of the driveway, rubbing my thigh as he drives.

*2 hours later*

Hondo and I groan as we get out of the car and stretch. I carefully get Adeline out as Hondo gets her diaper bag. Yvette walks over to us with Adelaide on her hip, David trailing closely behind her with the diaper bag. We all exchange hugs before we walk into the zoo. After getting our tickets, we all walk towards the first section which has all the different birds. The girls coo, Adelaide pointing to a vibrant parrot.

*hours later*

We finally arrive at the park, sitting down on a large blanket we had in the trunk of the Chevy. I give Adeline a piece of banana after I peeling it. Hondo passes out the sandwiches, unwrapping mine for me. I thank him with a smile and take a bite, also carefully feeding Adeline at the same time. I occasionally take a sip of water from the Yeti and share it with Adeline. Soon I'm finished and giving Adeline a bottle.

After she's finished I help her burp and then sit her up. "Mamamama" she repeats while she pulls my hair gently. I lean back into Daniel's chest as I was sitting between his legs. His arms snake around my waist as he kisses my shoulder, causing me to smile up at him.

Adeline lets go of my hair and points to Hondo. "Dada" she says and grins, reaching for him. He takes her and kisses her head, not correcting her.

I look over at David and Eve. "So what's up with you two?" I ask.

"Still trying to settle into the new house. Chris and Jim want us to have a house-warming party" eve rolls her eyes. She'd never been much of a socialite.

"You guys absolutely should have a house-warming party. I'll even plan it and throw it for the two of you" I tease her.

"And I'll make sure that Jessica is the very first person to receive an invitation" eve teases back, one eyebrow raised.

"You wouldn't" I point an accusatory finger at her.

"I would" she replies, knowing damn well she wouldn't.

"You're bluffing. Did you forget I'm a lawyer AND I grew up in a house with a strict ass SWAT father?" I raise my eyebrows. Before she can answer a series of gunshots erupt throughout the air. Daniel quickly hands Adeline to me, standing up with David. He grabs his phone, calling someone. "This is Lieutenant Daniel Harrelson with LAPD SWAT. Shots have been fired at Grand Park. I repeat. Shots fired" he says before hanging up the phone.

Daniel puts his phone away, pulling his gun out of its holster, David doing the same. Both men look around the park frantically, trying to catch any glimpse of someone else with a gun. Shots erupt once again, this time closer to us. I hold Adeline as close to me as I can get her, using my body to guard hers. Some masked men top the hill, causing me to hold Adeline tighter, silently begging for her not to get hit.

"LAPD. Put the guns down" Hondo yells, pointing his gun at them.

"Two of you, 6 of us. We have advantage" a cocky guy yells.

"SWAT. Drop your weapons" I hear Jessica hell out. The last thing I hear before passing out is gunshots, a sharp pain searing through my chest.