Ch 3

*Rose's POV*
*flashback*
I cradle my bump as I cry, screaming at Lukas to stop hitting me. He kicks me again and again but I continue to cradle my belly, refusing to let it go of it.

"I. DON'T. WANT. THIS. BABY" he screams between kicks. When he puts his hand over my mouth, I bite down as hard as I can, bringing blood.

"You bitch" he screams at me as I get up, running over to my purse I grab the one defense tool that has never let me down.

When Lukas walks closer to me, only a few feet away from me, I raise my hand, spraying the pepper spray into his eyes.

"Stay away form me and my daughter or else I'll have my dad lock you up for domestic abuse, battery on a pregnant woman and attempt to kill an unborn child" I choke out as tears fill my eyes. I get in my car once outside and drive off, my throat starting to become raw from when he got drunk and angry last night and attempted to choke me.

"We've got this, baby girl. We're alright" I whisper as I rub my bump gently.

*end of flashback*

"We've got this baby girl. We're alright" I whisper to Adah, causing her to look up at me with her curious eyes.

"I'm sorry, honey. I shouldn't have brought him up. I know you two are not on good terms. I just wish I knew why"
"It's fine, dad. I'm sorry. I overreacted and now I look like a fool"
"No you don't, baby. All of them have been through a breakup or two" he chuckles.

I giggle and shake my head, holding Adah closer. My dad leads the way back into the house with me following, headed to the living room.

I stand Adah up by the couch dad is sitting on, then I crouch down a few feet away from her, making "grabby-hands" to her.
"Come on, princess. Come to mommy" I coo, still trying to get her to take her first steps.
After about a minute, she takes two steps before plopping down and crawling the rest of the way to me.

I kiss all over her face, smiling at her sweet giggles.
"You're so beautiful, mama" I coo to her, causing her to grin wider.

Deacon and Yvette come in soon to tell us that dinner is ready. Yvette picks up Adelaide as I carry Adeline on my hip, excited for what is yet to come tonight.

We all fill up our plates and say the blessing before we start to eat our food. I hold Adeline with my free hand as I eat. I feel a particular pair of brown eyes on me but I ignore his gaze, still having the impression that he is with Jessica as he's had his arm around her all night.

His eyes continue to stay trained on me. I shift uncomfortably in my seat and take another bite of my pasta.

"Can you not?" I ask as he kicks my foot under the table.
"What?" He asks, trying to act clueless.
"You're staring at me and trying to play footsies with me" I growl, feeling my dad's on us as well as everyone else's. When I see my dad's smirk I narrow my eyes at him.

"What's so funny to you, Dominique Luca?" I ask, raising a brow at him.
Yvette bursts into a fit of giggles which causes me to snap my head in her direction.

"If it ain't Miss Gigglebox" I say and squint my eyes at her.
"Because you're trying to argue with a single, attractive man about looking at you"
"If he's single, then why has he been all over Jessica all night?" I ask
"Because. It's their thing" dad interjects.
"So there's a thing?" I raise a brow.
My dad sighs. "Not that kind of thing. A....friend thing"
"Like friends who jump each other's bones?"
"No for goodness's sake. Just a damn friend thing" Jim speaks up.
"Nobody asked you" dad and I say at the same time, both pointing a finger at Jim.
"Oh, gosh. She really is just like Luca" Robert groans as he rubs his face.