Ch 5

*Daniel's POV*

"I'm so sorry, Rose. I just assumed..."
"Well you assumed wrong" she says, walking back upstairs to check up on Adeline, whom is now crying. Yvette gets up and follows her upstairs.

I sigh and sit down, putting my face in my hands. "I should have known that Luca didn't know" I mumble to myself quietly.
"It's okay Hondo, you were just trying to look out for her" Chris says as she sits down beside me, rubbing my back.

*Rose's POV*
I sit on the bed with my face in my hands.

"Did I mess up by telling him, Eve?" I ask softly as I sigh.
"No, there's a part of you that trusts him. Lean into that. Embrace that. That's a loving man that wants you and your baby girl" I smile a small smile and nod, picking up Adeline again.

"The way Deacon looks at you...I just want someone to look at me like that"

"And he will. Heck, he already does" she says, making me blush and look down, nodding. We walk back downstairs with our girls. I put Adeline on the pallet in the floor with Adelaide.

"Can we talk? Alone, please?" Daniel asks, looking down at me. I nod and gently grab his hand, walking upstairs with him.

When we get to the bedroom he starts to ramble. "I'm sorry. I should've known your dad didn't know. I was being stu-" I cut him off by pressing my lips to his.
"It's okay, Daniel. He had to find out one way or another anyways" I say softly when I pull away, gently stroking his cheek.

He pulls me closer to him by my hips, kissing me again. I kiss back, my arms around his shoulders. He tangles his fingers in my hair then grabs my hips, picking me up carefully. I wrap my legs around his waist, keeping my arms around his neck.

He gently squeezes my thighs, causing a small groan of pleasure from me. He kicks the door closed, pressing me against it carefully. I teach down and lock the door while we kiss.

He pulls away slowly. "We don't have to do anything you don't want to, baby girl"
"I know, but I do want to" I say softly and he kisses me again, walking to the bed and laying me down gently. He gets on top of me with no weight, gently kissing my neck as he unzips my dress, carefully pulling it off along with my pumps.

I take off his shirt and pants, gently kissing his neck. He grunts quietly and lightly closes his eyes. After our clothes are off, our bodies join together as one.
*an hour later*
I pant softly as I lay on Daniel's chest, his arms wrapped around my waist. "You're so beautiful" he says softly, just above a whisper.
"I'm surprised the both of us kept quiet" I giggle. He chuckles softly and shakes his head lightly.
"Jessica won't be happy with us, will she?" I ask softly.
"I don't care if she's happy. As long as you, Adah and I are happy, that's all that matters to me"

Grinning, I peck his lips softly, gently stroking his cheek. "I like this beard you have going. It's sexy"
"Not as sexy as you" he winks.
I blush and hear Adah downstairs getting fussy. "Sounds like my little mama is getting hungry" I say while I get up, pulling on my dress and heels.
"I can see why. Nice tits" he winks and smacks my bum as he gets up, also getting dressed.

We walk downstairs, Hondo resting his hand on the small of my back. I pick up Adah and gently cover her and my chest up as she latches on, feeling Jessica's burning gaze on me once again.

If looks could kill, I'd be six foot under right now. "Nice talk?" She asks, her words dripping with venom and envy.
"Yes, actually it was very nice. We talked about a lot. Learned a lot about each other" I remark, tired of her nasty ass attitude.
"Surprise, surprise" she replies, glaring at me.
"You may be my dad's boss at work but you're not mine. And if you can't respect him, my daughter or me in HIS house, then get the fucking hell out" I snap angrily. "I've had enough of your childishly jealous and nasty attitude" I say, earning a glare from her again.
"You know, poor daddy may just lose his job"
"I'd like to see your skank ass try to fire him" I say, glaring at her now.
"Calm down, love" Daniel whispers to me, kissing my jaw lightly. I take a deep breath and look away. Jessica soon gets up and leaves.

Deacon's phone pings as my dad rushes in. "Hondo, we have a case"

Hondo gets up and pecks my lips, kissing Adeline's head before he leaves with them.

"Hondo? That's what everyone calls him?" I ask Eve.
"Yeah. Don't know how it came about, but that's what they call him"

Just then my phone rings.

It's Lukas...