Ch 4

(A.N. SO SO sorry for the long wait. I've been trying to catch up with daily activities and I just now found my paper that I've been writing this on today as I had lost it. I'm going to try to upload more frequently for you guys! I also took the recess due to Shemar's mother passing away. I wanted to respect him in his time of grief. Hope you all understand and are safe and well with this pandemic. Hope you enjoy this chapter. Much love x)

*Daniel's POV*
Damn, this woman is driving me crazy with how feisty she is. Inappropriate visions fill my mind, but I quickly shake them away before my 'friend' becomes aware of them.

When I snap out of my daze, Rose and Yvette are arguing.
"No, because. Someone tells me to breastfeed my baby in a damn bathroom, I'm telling them that this is a free country and if my child eating offends them so much, then they can go eat in the nasty ass bathroom" Rose says, pointing her finger at Yvette as Adah nurses.

I chuckle softly while shaking my head. Yvette opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it again as she knows Rose has a valid point.

"Well, now I can see why you're a lawyer. Because you can argue a damn good case" I smile, my pearly whites shining.
Rose blushes and shakes her head. "I get all bent out of shape when it comes to my baby" she says, grinning at me. I sit down my fork, wiping my mouth.
"I can tell" I reply with a small chuckle.

*Rose's POV*

As I admire Daniel's cute smile, I feel a hard glare on me. Since I already know it's Jessica, I ignore it, looking away. I help Adeline burp as she finishes nursing. After wiping her mouth, I wipe off my hands.

Adeline sleepily rubs her eyes, so I excuse myself from the table and walk upstairs. I go to the bedroom my dad has set up for Adah and I, sitting down in the rocking chair. Starting to hum a lullaby while I rock Adeline gently.

Adah slowly closes her eyes and starts to fall asleep against my chest. When she's finally asleep, I lay her down and kiss her head while tucking her in.
A soft knock on the door breaks me out of my thoughts.

"Come in" I eat world and look up, smiling when I see Daniel.
"Hey" he says.
"Hi" I reply, blushing.
"I just want you to know that there's really nothing going on with me and Jessica. That's over with now and we are just friends" he says softly, truth behind his chocolate eyes.
"I believe you" I say softly, earning a smile from him.
"Is it bad that I want to kiss you right now?"
"Is it bad that I wouldn't stop you?" I whisper softly.

He gently grabs my cheek and leans down, connecting our lips. I close my eyes and kiss back, my hands resting on his chest as he lightly grabs my hips. He slowly pulls away, pressing his forehead against mine.

I look up into his eyes, trying to keep my guard up.
"What did he do to hurt you?" He whispers while talking a deep breath.
"Nothing" I say softly, rubbing his arm in a soothing manner.
"It's not nothing. You've got walls up" Daniel replies, a small sigh escaping his lips. I sigh and look down, chewing on my lip.
"Fine...hehitme" I quickly say, jumbling my words which confuses him.
"He what?"
"He hit me" I say softly while looking down at my feet.
Daniel is clenching and unclenching his jaw when I look back up at him and the next thing I know, he is storming out of the bedroom.
*Daniel's POV*
"He hit me" she whispers softly, the brokenness evident in her voice. I clench my jaw as I see red and storm out of the room, heading downstairs to have a nice chat with Luca.
"Daniel, wait. Daniel" Rose calls after me as I storm down the stairs.
"You knew, Luca? And you didn't do anything about it?" I bite out angrily. Luca looks up at me with confusion.
"What are you talking about, son?"
"About Lukas. He beat Rosamie" i snap, my jaw still clenched. The room falls silent as I glare daggers at him.
"Is that true, Rosamie?" He asks as he gets up. I look at her again, seeing her nod, tears filling her eyes.
"The night I left was because he was drunk and wanted sex. When I told him no he started beating the shit out of me and screaming at me on how he didn't want to be a dad, because I was already pregnant, so I left"
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because for one, I was scared, and for two I didn't want you to do anything stupid to get yourself arrested"
"You should've still told me Rosalie, Talia, that's not an excuse" he snaps and walks out.

I've serious screwed up.