40. Lauren

Iron. I'd cloaked myself in iron. I'd resisted. I hadn't asked for an answer. I hadn't pressured her. I'd simply kept up the volley, letting her leas as she seemed to need at the moment. I held tight to my phone, keeping it on my lap as I worked through the latest set of papers for the Bainbridge's from home.

I'd hoped to catch a movie with Alexa, since my friend was back in town after working in London for the last few months. But Normani had called me that morning, telling me she was sending a bottle of vintage scotch over as a thank you for her new contract.

"The delivery guys said they'll be there between four and five, so I guess you can just have the doorman sign for it if you're out?"

"I don't have a doorman, but it's not a problem. I've got things I can take care of at the house, so I'll sign for it myself"

"Thanks, man" Normani had said, "It's the least I can do. You rocked the hell out of my new deal"

"If you're pleased, I'm pleased"

But it was four thirty and the scotch hadn't arrived yet. I was looking forward to it, but not as much as I was looking forward to another note from Camila. The clock was ticking, lurching towards midnight. If I were a betting woman, I'd put money on Camila using up every second of her week of thinking, and giving me the verdict when the clock struck twelve. That would be fine by me. She was worth waiting for.

I scanned the page in front of me when the text alert dinged on my phone.

Camila: One question: Do you still love surprises?

Before I could reply, my phone buzzed with another text message.

Camila: Balcony.

I closed my eyes briefly, a spark racing through me with the possibility. Was she reminiscing about the things we'd done on the balcony or was there more to it? I stood up, walked to the door, and slid it open. With my heart in my throat and hope winding its way through my bones, I crossed the distance to the railing, and looked down.

My heart stopped, and then started again, thumping hard against my chest with desire, happiness, and mad love.

She was the most beautiful sight in the world. But it wasn't the stockings and the heels, the skirt or the little tank top. It wasn't even her hair falling in waves along her shoulders. It was the two humongous suitcases, one on each side of her. she waved at me as my phone rang.

"My driver left me here on the sidewalk with all my things. Don't suppose you know a big strong woman who could help me carry them upstairs to my new home?"

Within seconds - okay, maybe a minute - I was downstairs, looking both ways, and sprinting across the street to her. O gathered her in my arms, and she was like coming home. Her body melted into mine as she roped her arms around my neck, and we kissed, and we kissed, and we kissed.

Finally, we pulled apart, but neither one of us let go. I needed to hold her. to feel her. To know she was real. I ran my hands along her bare arms. the feel of her skin was some kind of magic. I bent my head to her neck, inhaling her scent, the delicious, intoxicating smell of the woman I craved in every way. I lifted a hand to her hair, threading my fingers through her gorgeous flames. The sound of her sweet happy sigh was a shot of pure joy to my heart. She was here. She'd said yes.

"I made sure my flight had Wi-Fi so I could surprise you. Did you think I was in Miami the whole day? the time on my phone was set to Pacific until I landed"

I nodded, "I did, and I take it there's no vintage scotch arriving between four and five?"

"I'm the vintage scotch. I hope you like your surprise?"

"You taste better than any scotch, than anything I've ever had to eat or drink. So you're here to stay?" I asked, needing to hear it from her.

She nodded, "I'm here to stay"

"No more running"

"No more running" she repeated.

"We're together"

"Absolutely"

"Which reminds me. . . It's been a week"

She wiggled her eyebrows, "Why do you think I wore a skirt?"

A bolt of pure lust slammed through my body, "Fuck me now" I said, pushing a hand through my hair.

"That's sort of the plan" she said, tipping her forehead to the door of my building. Our building.

"Get inside" I growled, lifting a heavy suitcase in each hand. She grinned seductively and strutted across the street, glancing behind to watch me watch her. So perfect, so sexy, so beautiful for me. Once inside the elevator, I pressed the button for the fifth floor.

She reached past me and hit the stop button, "We're not getting off till we get off"

I shook my head appreciatively, "You are my woman. You always have been. You always will be" I said, then reached under her skirt, pulled her panties down, and slid my fingers across her. She was ready, oh so ready.

She was eager too, judging from how quickly her nimble little fingers had unzipped my jeans, "You did miss me" I said playfully"

"So fucking much" she said as she guided me between her legs.

I lifted her thigh, hitching her leg around my hip, and slid home, "Oh God" she gasped, dropping her head back, and rolling her eyes in pleasure.

"Don't ever forget, Camila. I can always do this to you" I said in a hot whisper in her ear as I thrust into her.

"I know. I want it always"

"We have all of Los Angeles for fucking. We have restaurants and bars, and theatres and museums, and I'm going yo want to take you everywhere"

"No un intended" she said, in between sexy little moans and pants.

"Take you and take you" I added, "Fuck you and make love to you. I'm not going to hold back. I'm going to seduce you all over this city, and make you come ever single day and night"

"Please do" she said, her voice rising higher, her breath coming faster.

"All the time" I said, gripping her thigh harder, driving deeper. She responded by running her hands up my spine and digging her fingernails deep into my skin.

"Leave marks on me" I told her, and she dug in harder, "I want scratch marks from you"

"You feel so fucking good, you're going to get them, Lauren. Oh God you're going to get them" she said, holding on tight and hard, dragging her nails along my muscles as she cried out, rocking her hips against mine as she came, and soon, I chased her there with my own orgasm.

I wrapped my arms around her, needing to hold her, even in the stalled elevator. I layered kisses on her neck, already hot and sweaty, "Camila, I won't always take you hard like that, but sometimes I'm going to have to" i whispered.

"You better take me hard, and you better take me slow, and you better make love to me all night long" she said, pulling back to look me in the eyes. Hers were both fierce and full of love.

"That's a promise, and I keep my promises to you" I said, running my thumb along her cheek.

"I know you do. That's why I'm here to stay"

That's where always I wanted her.

~~~~~~~

i didn't proof read... whoopsie :)