Tidal

-Over view-

It was hard for Nicki to be a part of Drake's family, when his eldest daughter would not accept her and her son.

Drake was 28 and had been a single parent of two children, a boy and a girl for 5 years. He had a daughter named Kylie who had turned 9 in the month of May and a boy named Daniel aged 6. Their mother was very much still active in their lives, just her and Drake had a bitter relationship that did not end well. Nicki and Drake had known each other for 7 years and when Drake's relationship ended not long after they started to date. It was only 2 years ago that Nicki had given birth to their first child. A baby boy named Isaac. He was the cutest thing they'd ever seen.

Isaac inherited his father's skin tone and was very light skinned, he had small slanted Chinese eyes with chubby cheeks where he inherited his deep dimples from his mom. Large black curls and long black eyelashes and luckily for him as Nicki always joked he had not inherited his father's thick eyebrows. Isaac was Drake's mini me. He was chubby just as Nicki wanted her baby to be, although he looked like a blasian version of Drake he was very much a mommy's boy.

This didn't sit well with Kylie. For one, Kylie had always hoped her parents would get back together, she still saw the love her mom and dad shared and the fact that they never argued in front of Kylie and Daniel only made her keep hope that they would eventually get back together.

The fast pace of Nicki and Drakes relationship also had Kylie questioning whether Nicki was the cause of her mom and her dads failed marriage. She didn't understand how he could move on so quickly if it wasn't for Nicki. The fact that her mom didn't like Nicki either didn't help the situation.

Daniel on the other hand was young. Granted he loved his mother but he shared a more personal relationship with his father and Nicki was all kindness to him so he had no reason to not like her. She gave him sweets when his dad would say no, only because she wouldn't know that his dad would say no. When Nicki was babysitting him she'd let him stay up an hour longer then he was allowed to. Nicki spoiled him and treated him like he was her own. She hardly ever told him off and he loved Isaac. He loved the fact that he was an older brother and had a younger brother to play with. Also Daniel shared a little more resemblance to Drake and Isaac then Kylie.

Kylie hated Isaac, not only did he share the same blood as Nicki, she felt like he was a further wedge between her mom and her dad. She felt like Nicki got pregnant on purpose and Isaac was a way to grab Drakes attention away from her. The day Drake had sat down and told her and Daniel that Nicki was going to be a permanent fixture in their lives, that she was finally going to move in with them, was the day Kylie had decided this was war. Nicki would live to regret ever falling in love with Drake and his family.
*************************************

Chapter 1

-Toronto-

Drake, Kylie and Daniel had gone to Toronto to visit the children's mother at their grandma Sandi's house. Nicki wanted to go too however Drake thought it best if she would stay in New York with Isaac to not get any family arguments started.

Dennis and Sandi, Drakes parents, liked Nicki but they never really saw her as wife material and certainly not for their son. They quite liked Drake's ex wife, but for their son they put their wants aside and welcomed and accepted the new family both Nicki and Drake had created.

However Maliah, his ex, made things a whole lot complicated. She didn't want her children around Nicki at all and would encourage bad behaviour from their daughter towards Nicki. So Drake thought it would be easier if Nicki stayed in New York with her family just until they came back.

-New York-

Mama Carol had just finished zipping Isaac's black North face coat and placed his pacifier in his mouth and picked him up, holding him in her arms.