Chapter IV

Nicki finally confessing the reason why she stayed away from him for the last couple of months, and the truth about her feelings, at the basement they were currently occupied left an eerie silence in the atmosphere.

Looking away she fidgeted with her fingers fearing for his reaction to be negative. It didn't take long for her to feel his aura next to her on the new plump black leather couch he had ordered a few days ago. Wiping her tears away with his thumb, he turned her face towards him so she'd be looking at him and tried to hide his grin.

"What you laughing at" She questioned, smiling from his infectious smile. " I told your ass I'd get you pregnant again before Isaac turns 3" He stifled a laugh, overwhelmed with happy emotions as he sat and realised she was expecting another baby. HIS baby.

She pursed her lips together show casing her dimples and pushed him away playfully as he wrapped his left arm around her waist. "You need to shut the fuck up." Ignoring what she had just said he attacked her with passionate pecks all over her right cheek and along her jawline and her neck, keeping it pg he stopped himself from sucking on her neck.

"So you're not mad?" She asked cautiously, not trying to ruin their good mood. "Upset but not mad. I mean I wish you didn't feel like telling me about such a beautiful blessing was going to strain or complicate the situation we're in. Cause no matter what happens Nic, you and the kids will always be my blessing on earth."

Leaning in to his chest she smiled "You're so corny."

He squeezed her tightly against his embrace and kissed the top of her head. "Baby I wanna apologise" Confused she furrowed her eyebrows and sat up straight to get a good look at his face. "why? You didn't do anything?"

A soft warm smile appeared across his face as he looked towards her stomach and back into her eyes. "I shouldn't have asked for space trying to work Kylie out on my own while doing this I was subconsciously pushing you away. We're together, we're one, we're suppose to be a team." He took a few seconds to let that sink in. "I failed this time but I won't fail no more. From now on we face everything together."

A large grin appeared upon Nicki's face as she heard the words she had been longing to hear ever since that incident back at the park. Drake in her opinion had finally realised that they needed to work together, not just as a unit, but as a family "I take it back you're not corny. You're the man that I love and will always be in love with."

Licking his lips she was drawn into kissing them. It had been way overdue, the softness of his plump lips, the sweetness of his taste, the arousal from his tongue, that's what she wanted, that's what she needed right then and there. Their lips were literally so close together they were practically breathing air in to each other when Nicki pulled back. "What's wrong he asked?"

Nicki gave him a dimpled smile, which sneakily looked like a smirk. She knew he wanted it just as bad as she did. When she realised what she wanted to talk about she lost her smile and took a more serious tone. " what are we going to do about Kylie?" Sighing he passed his hand through his hair and rubbed his face.

"I didn't know shit was this bad. Like Maliah was co-signing all the bullshit she's been doing too." Nicki stroked his cheek while he talked, and listened intently "The kids go back to her after the summer and-" he sighed frustrated "Maybe I should go for full custody?"

Saying it he felt like he should have stated it, but it came out more like a question and for once in a long time Nicki saw that Aubrey she met on the tour bus.

The one who was lost and was looking for a sense of direction, the one that wanted to rule in the rap game, biddy the niggas and carry on like nothing happened, hungry for more, the one before Drake, the precious Aubrey that decided to pay his mothers bills at 17. To be the man of the house because his father abandoned them. That Aubrey that she felt needed protecting but became the protector at such a young age.