Chapter IX

"Get lost with your brother Kylie." Maliah sucked her teeth as she shut the door slamming it in Kylie's face. Her focus was Lira right now. She'd heard how Lira was sleeping around with Meek and she knew Lira would tell her all that she needed to put in to play the destruction of her ex husband and his girlfriend.

"Hey baby." She smirked pecking Lira on the lips. "What's up?"
----------------------------

Stroking her hair back and forth, Drake subconsciously caressed her body. You would think with the confession he had made to her that everything would start to get back on track but it was far from it.

He still felt like somehow he had managed to push her to everything he was not hence the reason why she turned to Meek. He still wasn't mad at her and maybe that's where all the confusion was coming from.

Feeling her small hands clutch to his chest he looked down to see her still fast asleep. So serene and peaceful yet he felt like her heart was no longer his to have.

No matter what she said to try convince him, she looked for the missing piece that he apparently couldn't fix or give her with someone else. With the enemy.

He questioned why he was truly still with her? What was the point of keeping the family together when he himself wasn't happy anymore. His staring in to space got distracted when soft small knocks could be heard across the door. Furrowing his brows he tried to come out of Nicki's hold but she seemed to grip on to his shirt.

He sighed as the knocks resounded even more a little louder. Clutching his hand over hers he ripped them off his shirt and waited for her to abruptly wake up. But all that happened was a little stirring before she cuddle closer to his side of the bed. Shuffling off her mom's guest room bed he landed his feet on the floor and made his way to the door.

Expecting to see Carol or Micaiah or even Jelani once he delicately opened the door he stood confused when in front of him no one was there. Small hands pulled on his pyjama leg causing him to look down and smirk at his son. He crouched down near to his level and nodded slightly.

"What's up lil man?" He whispered watching his son rub his eyes roughly and sigh.

"I want milk." Isaac pouted walking in between his father's legs and wrapping his arms around Drake's neck and lifting his leg up to wrap around his father's waist. Internally rolling his eyes Drake stood up allowing Isaac to wrap his other leg around his dad and picked him up.

"Isaac what did we tell you about climbing out of bed by yourself. It's too high for you to be coming down from alone." Drake spoke quietly looking back at his girls peaceful body rising up and down as she inhaled and exhaled through the small gap her lips decided to form. "You need to stop waking up in the middle of the night too."

Satisfied that she would be ok, he stepped out of the room and shut the door quietly behind him. Titling his head to the side as Isaac leaned his head to rest on his father's shoulder.

"Ok." Isaac agreed knowing him though he probably wasn't going to listen to his dad. He seemed to agree and acknowledge his wrong doings but yet repeated the same mistakes with the innocent face of an angel.

"Why you still obsessed with milk anyways you're three." Drake spoke mostly to himself as he heard his sons light snores fill the hallway. Walking down the steps he wondered how well Aaliyah was doing sleeping in her grandmas bed for the first time.

He wondered whether she was a little aggy not sleeping by him or Nicki's side, or whether she was fast asleep just like her mom. Unlike Isaac, Aaliyah didn't find it hard to sleep, granted she was a little antisocial and barely went apart from her parents usually but 'Liyah was always ready to sleep when the she felt like she wanted to. Isaac was lowkey a night owl if he wasn't in the presence of either of his parents.