Chapter 1

The sweat drips from my forehead burning my eyes. Once again I'm running, try to escape him. I scream and shout for him to stop. I'm back,  the place I was trapped for 10 years of my life. It's a dream, I've got to wake up. His dark brown eyes staring into my soul, his messy brown hair dripping with his sweat. I can smell it, it turns my stomach. I close my eyes tight, his breath inches from my face.

"Please, just stop." I whimper from the ground, my legs tight behind my arms huddling my head into them. He doesn't, and with one last attempted to wake from this nightmare the familiar thud sounds, the pain almost too real brings me back to reality. The sheets are soaked in my sweat, my face red and burning from the tears. I sit up looking towards the world outside my windows, taking a deep breath of relief that it was only a dream.

Slowly I made my way to the shower, washing off the evidences of another nightmare of him. Letting the water run over my face, I let myself go. I'm thankful that Thanos wiped half the population. He saved me. As I reached from my towel, I felt guilty. The thought of people losing the people they loved, I too lost people I loved but would I be alive if he was still here. Deep down I know for sure that I wouldn't. I would be 10 feet under, my tomb stone would read; 'Loving wife of Blake Martin.' It wouldn't say the truth.

~

The streets were bare as I walked down to the corner coffee shop. My regular stop before I attempted to attend my support group. Today was the day I would finally enter, rather than pacing the hallways. I stood at the doorway, the muffled voice of the people echoed around me. I braced myself as I took a deep breath and enter the room for the first time. A man in his late 40s talked about a date as I tried to sit without causing a distraction to the group. A few eyes shuttered towards me, than back to the man.

"He cried when the salads were brought out, and I cried when they brought out the dessert. But we're going out again next Tuesday." He smiled lightly, it was a relief to see that people were moving forward after the snap. The man next to him, sat up straight clasping his hands together. His tight grey shirt gripped to his body, his light hair a little messy accenting his blue eyes that could be mistake for the waters in the pacific.

"You did the hardest part, Bobby. You took the jump, you didn't know where you were gonna come down. And that's it. That's those little brave baby steps we gotta take. To try and become whole again, try and find purpose." His voice warm, bright. Definitely not something you were use to hearing anymore, the sound of hope. "Welcome, would you like to share?"

"Oh, I guess." I said, avoiding eye contact with him or anyone. I stared at a mark on the dust blue carpet. "I'm Willow, I've attempted to come here for over a month now, it's been pretty daunting." I felt their eyes on me, making me fumble my words.

"Take your time, Willow. We're right with you." His voice reassuring and calming, unlike I had ever encountered.

"Thank you. I had a nightmare, it's always the same thing. I'm running, and it's catching up. Suddenly I'm home, but home isn't safe either, and just before I realise it's a dream, it happens. The same thing every time. I wake up, relieved." I sigh, knowing that this opinion isn't going to be popular.

"Relieved by what, Willow?" Bobby asked, I felt like I was on trial, like I was back with him asking me questions. Demanding answers. I stood quickly, running from the room. I couldn't do this, I couldn't talk about how relieved I was the snap happened. All these people lost their families, their lives. I can't just blurt out that I benefited from their pain, from millions of peoples pain.

Suddenly Free (CURRENTLY STOPPED 🛑) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara