Chapter 3

"I don't believe that!" I confessed as I swiped a fry from Steve's plate, smirk up at him through my lashes.

"Believe me, it wasn't a pretty sight, my head stuffed in the bin. Bucky was trying to hide the fact he was laughing at me." His voice was always softer, happier when he spoke of the times with Bucky.

"You must miss him."  His arm wrapped around my shoulders, kissing the top of my head gently.

"All the time." His voice cracked, I knew how much Bucky meant to him. The way he spoke about him, the little jokes they shared and their bond. "He would like you, keeping me level headed." He joked playfully.

"You think so?" I moved slightly so I could see his face, our booth hidden from the other customers like our own secret hideaway. These months flying by with him, just the two of us.

His eyes washed over me, as his smile grew. "Definitely." He slid his plate over in front of me, the mountain of fries now down to the last two. "You ate my fries again." He laughed teasingly, his fingers tickling the sides of my waist.

"Hey, not my fault!" I giggled as I held a fry in front of his face, waving it. "It's yours if you want it." His smile covered his whole face, I would do anything to see this man smile.

~

The snow had started to fall, the days becoming colder. I waited on my couch blanket thrown across my legs watching the fire. Steve telling me he would come over in the afternoon. The warm tea in my hand steamed up onto my reading glasses, as I flicked the page of my paperback. I was getting to the good part, as the door creeped open. Steve holding an arm full of groceries with ease, he looked cute rugged up in his winter coat.

"I used the key from the porch light, if that's okay?" He pulled off his beanie, the snowflakes causing him to scrunch his nose as they landed on his face. Placing my coffee down, I stood up to take the bag from his arm. "Uh, I wanted to cook you dinner." He said as he held the bag out of my reach.

"You're cooking for me?" Surprise with the gesture, I stood back letting him have full control of my kitchen. He placed the bag down on the bench, as I sat across from him watching him getting the ingredients.

"My specialty Spaghetti and meatballs." The huskiness of his voice sending shivers down my spine, how could this man be anymore attractive. With that thought I looked up at him, a smirk growing from the sides of his mouth. Proving me wrong, he could. "Now, go relax." I huffed a little laugh, walking back to my position on the couch. Still slightly warm,  as I pulled up the blanket and continued to read, with the few occasional looks at Steve in his element.

The smell wafting through my apartment was amazing. I placed down my book, turning around on the couch. Steve setting the table, a candle in the centre like the romantic he was. "It smells amazing, Steve." My mouth watered, it was either the food or the fact Steve looked so damn irresistible, especially with this beard he was growing.

"Come on, I wanna know your thoughts." He raised his eyebrows up and down at me, that little smirk still there on his face. He stood behind my chair, pushing it in as I sat. My finger tracing the cutlery he had place neatly at either sides of my plate, pouring me a glass of red wine. "I thought this would go better, than our regular choice." I sipped the wine, the woody taste travelling down my throat as I licked the excess from my lips.

"Mmm, good choice." I sighed with delight, the smell of the wine and food mixing together so well. I took my fork, spinning it around the spaghetti. The taste of pepper hitting my tastebuds, it felt like I hadn't eaten this good ever. Disbelief of his cooking skills causing me to look at him in awe. "Are you sure you made this?" I wiped the sides of my mouth with a napkin, enjoying this meal way too much.