C 184-185

"I'm hungry, let's eat!" Jiang Yao moved a little and prepared to get down from Lu Xingzhi's legs. She was not used to Lu Xingzhi's sweet-talk and this flirty way of sitting on his lap.

"Let me hug you more if you haven't starved to death." Lu Xingzhi pulled her back and even placed her leg, which was already on the floor, around his waist. This position was even more suggestive than the previous one. However, he did not do anything besides wrapping her in his arms, embracing her just as he said.

Jiang Yao did not struggle. She leaned against his chest and listened to his calm heartbeat thumping.

"Jiang Yao, don't be afraid of me. Don't ever be. Anybody in this world can be afraid of me, except you."

His mumbling was very soft, but every single word entered her ears, each of them knocking at her heart.

"Okay." Jiang Yao leaned on his chest and answered him softly, her hands gently wrapping around his waist.

She was not afraid.

She would not be afraid even if he were to destroy the whole world one day, because she knew that even if he harmed everyone in the world, he would never hurt her.

Time was frozen at this moment. Lu Xingzhi lowered his gaze and the calm side-view of her face fell into his eyes. She did not resist while leaning into his embrace, she was in complete peace of mind as if she was leaning on the whole world.

This was enough.

Lu Xingzhi's lips curled up as he lowered his head to kiss her hair. "Get up, I'll bring you to eat." He could not bear to let his wife starve.

Only then did Jiang Yao pull away from Lu Xingzhi's cuddle. Suddenly, she heard a sigh. She turned around and her eyes met his yearning gaze.

Jiang Yao turned away before glancing at a certain part of his and then turned her gaze away quickly, pretending that she did not know what he meant.

Two steps away, there was a man with a gruff and mellow voice, laughing softly and faintly.

After Jiang Yao stood up, Lu Xingzhi remained seated without budging for a few minutes. After a bit, he stood up and walked toward Jiang Yao before holding her hand.

"Let's go."

Just as they were about to go out, they coincidentally saw Chen Xuyao, who was about to knock on their door. Qi Xiang and his parents were standing behind Chen Xuyao.

"Young Master Lu!" Qi Xiang recognized Lu Xingzhi. He definitely recognized the Young Masters of Jindo City after living here for a few years. He was slightly stunned when he saw Lu Xingzhi holding Jiang Yao's hand.

Qi Xiang had heard the news of Young Master Lu and Young Master Yao's arrival at Nanjiang City from someone at the police station. Although that person did not know both of them, he had heard that Director Ye had addressed the one in a military uniform as Young Master Lu, and another man was called Chen Xuyao, who also knew Young Master Lu.

When Qi Xiang heard this, he knew that Young Master Lu was Lu Xingzhi, and Chen Xuyao was the youngest, Young Master Yao.

He also heard that Young Master Lu and Young Master Yao were close to Jiang Yao. Qi Xiang then realized that he had caused grave trouble and informed his parents immediately. They had asked around about their address and had hurried over quickly.

However, Qi Xiang did not expect to see the person who had left the school with Zhou Weiqi holding hands with Young Master Lu, walking out from the same room.

Qi Xiang was not foolish. He guessed that this Jiang Yao must be related to Young Master Lu and Zhou Weiqi's going to find her was also because of Young Master Lu.

"Xingzhi, Jiang Yao." Chen Xuyao greeted both of them and stepped aside silently before speaking up again. "The people from the Qi family have come."

When Qi Xiang heard how Chen Xuyao addressed Lu Xingzhi and Jiang Yao, his legs turned to jelly.

Xingzhi, Jiang Yao? Did that mean... Jiang Yao was Lu Xingzhi's wife!?

Qi Xiang almost wanted to strangle himself to death. Among the Young Masters of Jin Town, the last person you would want to offend would be Liang Yueze or Lu Xingzhi. Both of them were well-known to be ruthless, bad-tempered, and protective of their loved ones, and yet, he had initially been planning to put his hands on Young Master Lu's wife!

"Young Master Lu, it was all my fault the other day, I..." Qi Xiang quickly tried to explain himself. However, before he could apologize, it was cut off by Lu Xingzhi's icy glare.

Lu Xingzhi locked the door of the room. He squinted at the three members of the Qi family who were blocking his and Jiang Yao's way without saying a word. With just a glance, the three of them quickly cleared the path.

"I thought you said you were hungry. Let's eat," Lu Xingzhi said to Chen Xuyao who was standing beside him impatiently. Without waiting for Chen Xuyao, he walked away while holding Jiang Yao's hand.

Chen Xuyao glanced at the Qis and quickly scurried toward Lu Xingzhi without saying a word. He did not ask Lu Xingzhi about how he was going to handle the Qis, but instead, asked about what they were going to eat for lunch.

Chen Xuyao was all too aware of Lu Xingzhi's temper. If he mentioned the Qi family, he would only add fuel to the fire. Since he did not bother about the Qis, they should endure it themselves. They should stand there waiting until Lu Xingzhi and the others came back to the hotel.

The restaurant they were going to for lunch was picked by Lu Xingzhi. Before sending Jiang Yao to university, Lu Xingzhi had done some research on the specialties of Nanjiang City, therefore, he found a peaceful restaurant with a relaxed ambiance easily.

When they were ordering the dishes, Chen Xuyao saw Jiang Yao ordering two of Lu Xingzhi's favorite dishes while Lu Xingzhi ordered two bland dishes which were obviously Jiang Yao's favorite. Although both of them did not have any interaction, they had a mutual understanding and always thought of each other first.

Chen Xuyao quietly took out his phone and sent a message to Zhou Weiqi. He thought that he must have been crazy to follow them for lunch. They were too scary at showing their affection.

Since Director Ye could hold his position, he was a tactful person. He did not let Lu Xingzhi wait for too long.

During their lunchtime, Lu Xingzhi received a call from Director Ye. Although Jiang Yao was sitting beside Lu Xingzhi, she could not hear a word from the other side of the phone. As for Lu Xingzhi, he would not say more than a few sentences to others except when he was talking to his close ones.

He was on the phone for almost five minutes, however, he only said one sentence before he ended the call.

"I'll be there one hour later."

"How are they going to handle the Zhang family?" Chen Xuyao was certain that they were talking about the Zhang family's matter.

"Zhang Xiyuan was charged with murder, Zhang Xinan was accused of rape by five victims, and everyone in the Zhang family was investigated under the offense of threats and bribery." Lu Xingzhi paused and raised his eyebrow. "What's interesting is, within two hours in the morning, all the companies that collaborated with the Zhang family declared their termination of cooperation unilaterally, the bank ended the fundings to the Zhang family, and not a single lawyer in the whole Nanjiang City was willing to handle the Zhang family's case."

"The foundation of the Zhang family in Nanjiang City is not strong enough and the Zhang family's company had just started its operation not long ago. The Zhangs have always been insolent. It seems like they have offended quite a number of people so none of the lawyers were willing to accept their case. Haha, it seems like they will remain behind bars for a long time." Chen Xuyao was getting happier and happier as his smile grew wider. "When the Zhang family is facing these situations, there will certainly be people adding insult to injury. Nevertheless, the Zhang family has done a lot of filthy things so it's not surprising if people were to dig it all out at once."